Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i replaced my front brakes with EBC's HH pads. There are potential problems:
1. when i have the bike up on the stand and i spin the front wheel, it sounds like the brakes are rubbing on the rotor

2. when I hit the brakes to slow down (not hard but just to slow down for traffic on the highway) it makes a noise that sounds like a weird noise that definitely wasnt there before. It sorta sounds like a cat's meow if the meow were constant until i let off the lever.

Also, something interesting to note. When i recently took off my front wheel for a tire change and put it back on, I found that the brake lever feel had diminished SIGNIFICANTLY (this is about 2 months after changing the pads but only 500 miles). I ended up having to adjust the dial to make it less soft but I'm still concerned. Is their air in the line? Or could my rotor be warped? Or could it be that the calipers are screwed. Any ideas????

·
Registered
422 Posts
EBC HH pads, make noise when braking, kind of a whirring noise - normal
Slight drag and rubbing noise is ok when spinning the front wheel, as long as the wheel will spin 1-2 rotations by hand your ok
It takes time for the new pads to correctly seat to the rotor this may cause some difference in the lever feel, ride it cautiously around the block and try to seat the new pads...if you did not open the lines then there should be no air in the system.. but it might be time to change the fluid, how old is the bike?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It's alos a good idea to clean the pistons when installing new pads. The dirt will cause the pistons to bind. Even with the system in perfect working order the pads will be in slight contact with the rotors at all times

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowlife said:
EBC HH pads, make noise when braking, kind of a whirring noise - normal
Slight drag and rubbing noise is ok when spinning the front wheel, as long as the wheel will spin 1-2 rotations by hand your ok
It takes time for the new pads to correctly seat to the rotor this may cause some difference in the lever feel, ride it cautiously around the block and try to seat the new pads...if you did not open the lines then there should be no air in the system.. but it might be time to change the fluid, how old is the bike?
yeah i didnt open it up when i did it. the bike is an 04 and has about 6600 miles on it.

one thing though is that if i spin it by hand, it may spin around once but it barely makes it depending on how hard i spin it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh ok......thanks guys

im used to squeeky high performance car brakes but this noise is completely different so i thought i f-d something up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts