Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original ones are silver from the factory. While I was getting my front tire replaced on Saturday, there was a vinyl shop next door. Had the guy come out and color match my bike and he made me both HONDA decals for my lower fairings..

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Looks custom indeed talk about service on the spot you do not get that quite often any more

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks custom indeed talk about service on the spot you do not get that quite often any more
Yeah the guy was doing some project, he stopped what he was doing when I walked in, looked at my bike, got his color sheet, matched it PERFECTLY, went back in his shop and cut out the HONDA logos.

He took my stock stickers off, cleaned it up nicely and put orange ones on for me.

He actually messed up the left side front fairing, it was actaully smaller font b/c where the HONDA is, the space is smaller. So he had to re-cut his materail a couple of times to get it right.

When he installed it on the left side, after he was done, the A in HONDA looked off to him.. He took it off, cleaned it again, re-cut the HONDA and re-installed..

He did all of this for $10.... It took him maybe 1.5 hrs.. I gave the guy $25 for his time!!!

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Sticker placement with the fairings on the bike is not easy at all I like the fact that the guy did not kill your bank & you turned around and hooked him up for his service , time & effort

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1.5 hours?? Looks like he was tryna find something to practice on. Either was its nice of him

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
he also took a few breaks to cut some other pieces for other customers that walked in..

he did my bike right on the spot and did a phenomonal job..

He was in the process of wrapping his brothers whole car.. Looked perfect!

Plus, installing decalls on the left lower fairing is a huge PITA... I had to hold the bike for him... bike is pretty heavy with all its weight on my leg...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sticker placement with the fairings on the bike is not easy at all I like the fact that the guy did not kill your bank & you turned around and hooked him up for his service , time & effort
Yes it's the little details! Looks great & your a heck of a guy for hookin him up for hookin you up!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The fact that the guy stopped what he was doing to service my bike was amazing. He went way above and beyond for my bike. Took great care of my fairings. Told me all the tools what he would be using or what cleaners he was using. He had total respect for my bike.

I felt like I should have given him more, but that was all that I had on me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts