Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR600RR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up everyone...?! Just figured I’d throw this out there to get some 2nd opinions. But Never have I done brakes on my bike before, just my truck. How hard is it? Not trying to mess around when it comes to my speed demon. Do I leave it up to someone who knows or can I do it myself? If so what do I need to buy? Thanks!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey what’s up everyone...?! Just figured I’d throw this out there to get some 2nd opinions. But Never have I done brakes on my bike before, just my truck. How hard is it? Not trying to mess around when it comes to my speed demon. Do I leave it up to someone who knows or can I do it myself? If so what do I need to buy? Thanks!!
Remove calipers, pad pins. I recommend cleaning in & out of calipers with soapy water/old toothbrush. Clean rotors with scotch brite pad and brake cleaner. Install new pads & flush/bleed brake fluid. You can look up a video on youtube from partzilla or similar channel.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
As others have said, it is very easy. What is not a 10 min job however is properly prepping your rotors for the new pads. I always remove them from the wheel and scrub them clean with a red scotch brite pad from the hardware store. Use soap and water and they will look new in short order. This guarantees your new pads will bed in properly to the rotors and give you maximum performance and life. Also I recommend CL Brakes XBK5 pads. They are amazing for the street/occasional track day rider.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR600RR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome!! Good looks guys I appreciate your help! I’ll give her a shot and lyk how I make out!:)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Upgrade to Vesrah brake pad while you're at it. It's a simple process. I might add putting a block of wood between the caliper pistons so you don't squeeze it out by accident. Plus, it will make the job slightly easier for new pad to sit between the rotors. Use clamps if you need to compress it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts