Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a rashed 03' 600rr this summer and replaced the brakeside rearset
which was the only damage that affected functionality of the bike. After that i
simply rode the bike all summer knowing that this winter i would have it all sorts
of torn down. It has begun, i've been taking pics of everything I've done which I
will post up almost immediately. The mods so far are a set of Goodridge SS brake
lines up front, replace the rashed master cylinder w/ an egay purchased
replacement, replace throttle cables, and yank a bunch of parts for PC. Parts for
PC are the swingarm, engine covers, exhaust can and midpipe, rearsets, levers
possibly, and the subframe. Also i have a Movistar replica set of plastic waiting to
go on the bike when she's all finished up. I still need to order my 520 set up
which will be -1/+1or2. More mods as i free up more cash.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what she looked like when we got home, drove 4 1/2 hours to Nebraska to pick er' up. Talk about a boring drive.

This is the damage minus the fact that i had already replaced the rearset bracket.

Torn down and new throttle cables and housing installed.

Hopefully i can put her back together. :headscrat Notice my sweet homemade rearstand.

Hanging from the rafters with no swingarm.

My baby's new skin. Thanks to MJ and Motofansclub for these beautiful fairings.

More pics to come as i make progress. More mods as i acquire the funds.

· Registered
968 Posts
Good work so far... she'll be a beaut' when your all finished up. Keep us posted ;)

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the positive comments guys, it's a work in progress.

Looking forward to it Chaos, hopefully you'll get everything u need soon and be back riding again.
Unfortunately i've got another good 2 months or so of terrible terrible weather here in iowa. Temps in the 20's F. and ice on all the roads. :evil3: But it'll be all put back together well before then.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, thanks man. Just got the bearings out of the swingarm and gunna drill out the rivets
and remove the RS5 tags from my can. Gunna send everything to powdercoat friday or
saturday. Also got the Goodridge SS brake lines installed along with a new master cylinder. Lines bled out manually, only took about an hour total.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here some more parts that are going to powdercoat. The stator cover and clutch cover
were rashed pretty bad, got em back to pretty much new. Once they are PC'd no one
will know the difference, aside from myself that is.

· Registered
968 Posts
Looks good bud, can't wait to see it come back all pretty'd up

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how much is it gonna cost you to powder coat those parts Chaos?
Well let me lay down the full list first. Here goes; subframe, swingarm and linkage components, clutch and stator covers, both rearsets, passenger pegs, gas cap, shifter linkage, and hand levers all in matte black. Also my exhaust can and midpipe in high temp black. I think that's all of it. Anyhow it's lookin to be between 250 and 300, closer to 250 though. That's with blasting:tard:. I've seen the guys work too, top notch stuff and recomended by 2 of my local shops. I feel like i'm gettin a pretty good deal, plus no shipping costs to worry about.

Gona be a nice looking bike. How did those fairings fit?
So far so good, only modifications so far are drilling a little paint out of the holes to make the plastic clips fit a little easier.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I repacked my exhaust can and sent all my parts out for PC yesterday minus the levers,
decided to go with some pazzo shorty's instead. Should be back in a week give or take.

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh for those who were wondering, the PC is gunna cost me 240 for everything i listed
above plus the heat shield in high temp. He said maybe 20 bucks on top of that for
blasting. So i'm looking at about 260 all said and done, also i'm having them done in light
textured black. Gives a nice matte finish.

· Registered
926 Posts
good work man congrats keep going shes gonna look pretty sick...

rodrigo f.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.