Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike's been shutting off while riding, happens randomly.

tested to see if the alternator was running correctly so i unplugged the battery while it was running and the bike shut off.

i tested resistance in my alternator and all numbers checked out.

i just bought a new rectifier so i don't see how that can be the problem.

any suggestions?

-Kyler

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Pulling off your battery cable will shut off the bike everytime.

Most bikes with a bad charging system still run but will not start back up. If your bike shuts off randomly... I think you have a loose connection somewhere. Check both battery cables, Check the ground wires where they all come together. ('03-'06 are on the left side of the frame under the mid fairing '07 and up has one under the seat also. ) Push on all the fuses. That kind of thing.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tested my friends GSXR and his ran when you unplugged the battery.

ok,i'm going to buy a new battery now because i already know i need that.
i've checked all the grounds.

i'll give everything a once over, replace the battery and then report back.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds like a plan.

I didn't know that any vehicle would run w/o a battery. Even with a bad battery you could still jump it and be OK but not one missing entirely. I'll look at the wiring diagram and see if our 600s will do the same. Then I'll report back.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so after spendng 100 dollars on a new battery, i think i figured out the problem.

the ground cable that connects to the starter motor was very loose. i tired to tighten it but then the bolt head broke off....F****CK!!

so now i'm going to try and figure out how to fix this new problem.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Ha Ha Ha ... that sucks but it's funny. You found the problem then accidentially made it worse. Anyway... you're trying and you're learning from experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts