Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around 5500-7000rpms I hear a chatter come from the front section of the bike. I'm pretty sure its rev related cuz thats the only time I hear it. I think its chain chatter possibly but I figure I'd ask and see what people say, anyone else have this? Might be a worry wart but I coulda swore it never made this noise the first couple weeks I had it. . . has 1700 miles on it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's really easy to fix this. Here are the steps:

1.) Take off your left bar end (clutch lever side) and clean all the brown glue residue off of it (it's Hondabond that they used to install your grips)
2.) Before reinstalling bar end, place a bit of silicone on the notched "mating" part that goes back into the bar end
2.) Reinstall the bar end about 4/5 of the way, leaving a gap between the handle bar and end that is a bit wider than normal
3.) Take silicone and fill this gap completely, fill gap liberally so that there is about 1/16" of silicone exposed past the surface, This will ensure the gap is filled when do step #4
4.) Wait about 15 minutes for the silicone to begin setting then snap grip down over it. Grip will press excess silicone into any pockets you did not fill in the gap originally
5.) Chatter/rattle is now gone :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
i thought the buzz came from the washer in the RIGHT bar end :scratch: wtf??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts