Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the chatterbox xb1 slim and the speakers blow; there is no bass to be heard. I found another thread that outlines the procedure for changing out the speakers. Does anyone know how the speakers in the cardo systems headsets compare with the chatterbox headsets? The reason I want a direct comparison with these two units is because the headphone speakers' diameter are specifically designed to fit into the recess of helmets, which makes fitting them into my shoei x-12 all the much easier.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have heard the scala g4 powerset being a better unit than the chatterbox

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's too late now that I already have the chatterbox in my possession. What I would like to know is if the speakers in the Scala set are better than the ones that come with chatterbox.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the scala g4's and I am looking for a way to upgrade the speakers too.
I guess this answer my question- that the scala are no better than the chatterbox's speakers. The chatterbox speakers are fine enough. They just lack any real low-end bass...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have four scala g4 and its been a while since I've used them but I don't think it has any good low end bass. Speaker is plenty loud but if bass is what you're looking for, I wouldn't upgrade the speakers to scala g4.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I have the scala q2 pro and there isn't any bass. Why would there be? The speakers aren't meant for it. If you want bass you can always just find a way to make headphones stick into your ears. But the speakers are about a half inch away from my ear so no bass.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts