Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the Xbi with the ipod or iphone? I ordered the XBi since I dont plan on riding with others using communicators but I want it mainly for the iphone and ipod. I understand I will need a bluetooth adapter in order to sync it with the XBi. which one should I buy at a decent price?

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
i dont use an ipod to connect but the iphone already has bluetooth built in so you dont need a bluetooth adapter. Also ive heard that the 4th generation ipods have bluetooth you just need to unlock it. im sure there is a google search that could help you out.

as far as the xbi goes i use it to listen to music on my motorola droid and its pretty good except for at high speeds its hard to hear the sound since the speakers aren't the best.

hope it helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that helps, I have the 4th gen ipod and it does have bluetooth. that saves me 50 dollars or so not having to buy an adapter. for some reason I thought i would need one. Whan you say high speeds what are you referring to? 60and above or 90 and above?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have been using the XBI for a couple years now. I have the bluetooth set to my phone and I use a 3.5mm cable to hook up IPOD to the XBI as it is has a better connection & sound. Everything else is great. I am on the phone going 80mph on freeway and person I am talking to can not even tell I am on my bike. It has a noise cancelling microphone.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes i use the ones that came with the kit I got over 2 years ago. However I got one for my wife about 9 months ago and her speakers are not as loud as mine for some reason. I thought I just got a bad set. They may have changed something. Cause mine are perfect. I normally have to turn the volume down as it is to loud???? But all in all very happy with the set. Makes long rides much more fun....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i thought of using different speakers also if its not loud enough. I have a few sets of headphoned that will be sacrificed.

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
I just got the xbi and am using my ipod touch to listen to music. I have noticed that some songs are louder than others. I'm guessing thats because of the individual song quality. But my only complaint about the thing is the fact that the music always cuts out for a split second and then comes back. The song doesn't stop, the sound just stops and then restarts. On the first ride I took with it I also had my phone hooked up to it with bluetooth. During the two hours I was riding I never had the sound cut out. Now that my phones bluetooth crapped out I only have my ipod hooked up. I don't know why that would matter but anyone else have this problem? Sorry to thread jack. And I am not using the bluetooth adapter because the ipod has it built in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts