205 Posts

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
nonadjustable? forgetaboutit.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
6' never had an issue, perfect position. You are probably going to set it once and leave it. Checked with others my size and guess what, where they set up the pegs is in the same spot these are already. T

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
???? Whats the purpose of changing rearsets on your bike ?????? other than cosmetic advantages. i see this is a common mod/acess
Like powermoose said, better clearance in corners, and the ability to change to GP shifting. ( instead of 1 down and 5 up, it's 1 up and 5 down) This makes it easier to shift to a higher gear while cornering. You don't have to get your foot under the shift lever to go up.

For someone that rides on the streets, it about the same a getting a slip on exhaust, Looks good but doesn't help any.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
???? Whats the purpose of changing rearsets on your bike ?????? other than cosmetic advantages. i see this is a common mod/acess

1. cornering clearance
2. better peg feel and grip (bolted on rather than folding and peg made of more grippy/abrasive material)
3. more "planted" feeling in the corner with up/back positioning
4. higher quality bearings for more positive shift lever actuation
5. they look awesome and add to the uniqueness of your bike
6. they shave weight
7. enable GP shift pattern if so desired.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Like powermoose said, better clearance in corners, and the ability to change to GP shifting. ( instead of 1 down and 5 up, it's 1 up and 5 down) This makes it easier to shift to a higher gear while cornering. You don't have to get your foot under the shift lever to go up.

For someone that rides on the streets, it about the same a getting a slip on exhaust, Looks good but doesn't help any.
ThANKS ALL, Feels good to learn $h!t without feeling stupid. I would considered Rearsets now but dont think the GP would do me any purpose. Would you suggest any??????

A Slip on is a lil louder cars can hearr you comin from a distance

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
A Slip on is a lil louder cars can hearr you comin from a distance

has to be in the running for the sqidliest comment of the day. you are not riding a harley. a 600cc sportbike even with the most obnoxious of exhausts at normal highway rpms will not be loud enough for the standard soccer mom driven minivan with hundreds of pounds of sound deadening to make a difference. all that anyone will hear is the sound of the cell phone glued to their ear and feel a slight bump as they run over you.

rearsets are a good functional acessory that IMO is a better choice than a slip on for mods. they are solid, give better clearance and best of all since they are solid and dont close up, they act as a seconday frame slider in the event of a crash.

GP shift is great because it is just easier. grab the clutch, stomp the pedal and go. most people when they go to GP do not go back to normal.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^^^ i agree. the key word is functional. personally, any bike i get from this point forward will get rearsets as my very first mod. it all depends on what you want out of the bike. for me, i like going to the track, going to canyons, etc... and developing my cornering skills as much as possible with the goal of novice racing in the next 1-2 years. so, for me- dollar for dollar a rearset gives me more than a slip on. if you are a squid who wants to rev your bike to the rev limiter at bike nights and roll around pulling your clutch and revving your engine for no reason, then slip ons are a great choice, lol! no, but seriously, i can't stand stock exhaust- some kind of pipe would probably be my second mod.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
no, but seriously, i can't stand stock exhaust- some kind of pipe would probably be my second mod.
true, i'd rather my bike didn't sound like a sewing machine. rearsets are also a great way to tailor the bike to you. your not stuck with the locked in factory ergonomics. my list of "necessary mods" is usually quite extensive tho, and i like Carbon Fibre.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts