Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw these on flEaBAY. I have nothing to do with the person selling them. The price seems good but I can't seem to find who makes them or if they are decent or not.

Anyone have a set of these and want to comment? Search ebay for item #4636060836

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
like with most things, you get what you pay for. also doesn't look like much of a heal guard on the left rearset

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ceph said:
my buddy bought a set of those after he broke his stock ones when he went down. after going down for the 5th or 6th time he finally busted one of the pegs off. the rest of the rearsets are still solid. they seem to be really durable IMO.
Really? So you think they are a good deal?

I'll be racing next month and I am torn between the top gear and eventually ruining said gear when/if I go down.

If you think they are good I might go for a pair. Are they GP shift capable?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I found a set of sato's(used) on ebay for like 260 shipped.. But It took me all winter to find a deal like that..

I would get woodcraft or vortex if you are going to be racing.. Easier to find spare parts from other people at the track if you don't happen to have a spares yourself.. Or if you go with them I would buy spares now...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Seems like a good deal. Their feedback seems to be good. I would buy them, but it has no place for the brake light switch. I would assume you could to gp shift on them b/c you can the stock rearsets. See the sticky on herr

·
Registered
337 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
Really? So you think they are a good deal?

I'll be racing next month and I am torn between the top gear and eventually ruining said gear when/if I go down.

If you think they are good I might go for a pair. Are they GP shift capable?
Im sure its a functional product, but just form the pictures I've seen, its far from great. If you plan on racing, you could do a lot better than those.

The first thing I don't like about them is that there appears to be absolutely no grip on the pegs. There is not even a lip to hang the edge of your boot on. They may be ok for street riding, but they do not seem like something Id like to use on the track.

The second question you should find out is if you can get spare parts quickly and easily.

Equipment is cheap because....well...its crap and they didn't spend a lot of time on r&d or quality materials, or it could be a decent product and they are trying to expand their market share by undercutting every one else out there.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
AlpineJim said:
I found a set of sato's(used) on ebay for like 260 shipped.. But It took me all winter to find a deal like that..

I would get woodcraft or vortex if you are going to be racing.. Easier to find spare parts from other people at the track if you don't happen to have a spares yourself.. Or if you go with them I would buy spares now...
good point! +1

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
the deals are out there, if you have time to play the game. but it takes alot of time and patience to play the Ebay game. i simply watch the item i want, then at the last second put in the top dollar i am willing to pay, decided before hand. if i get it, then it was a good deal, if i get outbid...(which is unlikely as i bid with 7 seconds left) then i simply wait for the next one to come along.

too many people get caught up in the bidding war and pay too much for something. figure out what you want to pay, and don't pay more than that amount. there will always be another one coming along, just be patient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts