Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered a pair of Michelin pilot power 3's online and found what seems to be a great price. £193.98 inc delivery.

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/motorbike-tyres/

Anyone used this company before? I had a scout around google and found a couple of forum threads with people saying thay had used them with no problems but it's always nicer to hear good reports first hand if possible.

Anyhow, thought this might be helpful for some people if indeed it is a good deal? I'll report back on my experiece.

They're a german company by the looks of it.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How much cheaper were they in comparison to other sites?

Hi Raj, average saving seems to be around £40. The cheapest online price Google was throwing up was around the £235 mark. So at £194 these seem like a cracking deal.

I haven't rang around local places but last time I needed new hoops I did this and mostly they couldn't get near the best online prices.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can't see a better price than that either:poke:

You'll have to come back on with feedback on the tyres :shakehand

Let me know if you want to swap that yoshi out for an Arrow titanium ;)

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nah you're alright. I'm really happy with my Yoshi now that I've shortened it!
:poke:...but that don't make me a sale...:crackup:

We should swap bikes, they're the same including color scheme, got galfer wave discs all round, braided lines, ferodo HH pads, michelin pp2 tyres, heated grips, carbon, Power commander etc etc ...only mine was smacked by a car and damaged but I could ride yours and you could stare at mine in your garage?...come on, you want to I know you do...

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife just rang me at work to say that the tyres have arrived. Ordered Saturday morning so good turnaround time from Germany if you don't include Sunday.
I'll get a look at them and post up more info later, just wanted to reassure anyone thinking of using this company that it would appear it's not a scam :)

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All good! Very happy with the service from tyreleader :)

Tyres supplied as ordered and no hiccups at all.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1392843798.986819.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1392843814.542192.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1392843831.339869.jpg

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nice result man!

I was checking their site and the date codes were xx10 and xx11 !!!!

No thanks!!! lol.

Those tyres listed with an older DOT code are clearly identified and initially the RRP price reflects this. Some older tyres are MUCH cheaper than the newer identical tyre, giving you a choice to save money by buying an older tyre.

You will notice there are identical brand/model/size tyres listed several times. Some with DOT codes, some without. The ones without are brand new I think?

Reason I assume this is that I selected a listed tyre with no DOT code in the description and the tyres I received were new...

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Example. See how the top S20 has no DOT code. It's a brand new tyre I reckon as it should be £155.56

The tyre below it seems identical and is listed as DOT 2011. It is priced at over £40 less (£rrp) than the newer tyre. £155.56 vs £113.09. My guess is that the older tyre was part of an early batch judging from the S20 release date of Jan 2012 (Europe). http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/bfe/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=a059b24d93d73310VgnVCM100000cc65a10aRCRD&vgnextchannel=1ae967675789d210VgnVCM100000cc65a10aRCRD

The crazy thing is, Tyreleader seem to be doing smoking deals on the new tyres meaning they work out cheaper after discount than the old tyres. Not sure how they plan to shift the older stock like that? Still, I'm not complaining :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice result man!
I was checking their site and the date codes were xx10 and xx11 !!!!
No thanks!!! lol.
Could be worse Raj. I thought I'd go out to the garage and have a look at how old my tires were, and found out theyre 12 years old. FML

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Quick Question Dan,
I purchased some Pilot Road 4s for my sisters new hornet yesterday night from these guys, thanks to your recommendation.

How long was it before they updated with tracking etc. and when do you think I will get them by? Does Friday look possible?

Cheers

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hey Ahmed. Mine took four days from ordering online to arriving at my door. If I remember correctly there wasn't any communication from tyreleader after the initial confirmation email so I wouldn't worry if you've heard nothing yet. If they have the tyre in stock I'd say you ought to have them this week :)

Post up your experience, I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so you don't get any tracking info from them?
]

Had conformation email for definate which had all the relevant info had I needed to chase the order up with the company. Tracking? I honestly can't remeber now but my gut says I don't think I had it.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I ordered my S20 Evo's from them on Thurs 29/5 and I received tracking information on Mon 2/6.

They just got delivered as I type :thumbup:

Awesome! Hope you're happy with them.

Ahmed, looks like 4/5 days is about right and they do send tracking info. I just couldn't remember lol :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 31 Posts