Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. Just got my 2011 cbr600rr and I'm in the process of getting insurance before registering the bike. What insurance do you guys have (especially in NJ) that's cheap and provides liability and comprehensive?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Liability and Comp is not full coverage. A lot of riders have found success with State Farm...but just like every thread you'll ever find will tell you- you should shop around. There's too many variables for us to tell you that one specific provider is cheaper than another. Everyone's situation is unique.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Varies by state and your record. From memory the best bets forum riders have found are from State Farm and Progressive. If available in your state check out Dairyland. I personally found the best deal from Progressive.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Every insurer calculates your rates differently, especially if your license has seen some court days. The cheapest insurer for a clean record might easily turn out to be quite more expensive than another once they both factor in your history. Best bet is to shop around and get quotes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
noo no court days. Only thing I have is an accident that happened recently by myself where insurance wasn't even called for. But I'll definitely look into statefarm, progressive, and Rider (which I've heard is the cheapest)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Something to note, at least for Progressive. They have a discount for those riders that took proper courses and have proof.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something to note, at least for Progressive. They have a discount for those riders that took proper courses and have proof.
thats good to hear because I took the msf course. Hopefully they'll drop it down to where statefarm or rider has it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Statefarm will give you a discount if you take the advanced MSF course here in Texas. It's the equivalent of defensive driving for bikes. The discount is only good for 4 or 5 years and then you have to take it again.

·
Registered
245 Posts
thats good to hear because I took the msf course. Hopefully they'll drop it down to where statefarm or rider has it

I've taken the basic MSF course and tried providing it insurance companies for a rate deduction but no one took it. What they DID take was a 4 or 5 hour online course for defensive driving, which I use for rate deductions on both my auto and motorcycle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
dont buy insurance! it is a waste of money! just ride it until you get caught then go buy insurance! just dont crash and dont let anyone crash into you either.

just kidding!!!

i have state farm but i am in Kali! geico is good too but once you got into an accident they will try to make it your fault or partitially at fault so they can jack up the premium. dont ever get farmers though!!! that fucker is a thief!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dont buy insurance! it is a waste of money! just ride it until you get caught then go buy insurance! just dont crash and dont let anyone crash into you either.

just kidding!!!

i have state farm but i am in Kali! geico is good too but once you got into an accident they will try to make it your fault or partitially at fault so they can jack up the premium. dont ever get farmers though!!! that fucker is a thief!!
hmmm farmers or no insurance...that's a tough one :D

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Geico. But so far its a **** ton of thumbs up for StateFarm

·
Registered
334 Posts
Statefarm will give you a discount if you take the advanced MSF course here in Texas. It's the equivalent of defensive driving for bikes. The discount is only good for 4 or 5 years and then you have to take it again.

I wish they would do that here...State Farm doesn't give discounts for anything in NM.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I ended up choosing rider insurance with the minimum liability options and nothing else and it came out to be $250 per year. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Much more than I pay with progressive...

Male, 28, a couple of speeding tickets still on file, 05 RR, MSF discount, and pay 100/yr.

I do have loyalty and multi policy discounts going for me too though.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
Like graffitiRR08 said, you should shop around.

However; State Farm was the lowest I could find, and by quite a bit!
http://www.600rr.net/vb/15-general-discussion/86558-state-farm-best-deal-out-there-insurance-your-bike-5.html#post7293810
State Farm by far was the best when I shopped around back in the day, as Muscrat has linked to my OG thread about the subject - but I no longer am with SF, have switched over to AAA Auto Club, a lot less per year with them, but.....

Much more than I pay with progressive...

Male, 28, a couple of speeding tickets still on file, 05 RR, MSF discount, and pay 100/yr.

I do have loyalty and multi policy discounts going for me too though.
.....yeah, multi policy and loyalty and some other discounts through AAA Auto Club just made it too good for me not to switch over!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
So I ended up choosing rider insurance with the minimum liability options and nothing else and it came out to be $250 per year. What do you guys think?
More expensive than it should be, possibly... But there may have been different variables that came into your specific scenario. Maybe you can stick with it for now, and then have them re-apply your info after a clean year has gone by... Cost should go down.

In regards to myself, a quote with multiple discounts from Progressive for minimum liability came to exactly $99 for a '14 600RR and '15 Rebel - one full year and both bikes together. 30 years old, one year riding experience, clean record, married and with kids.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe it's because I'm 25 with this bike being my first ever bike....I'll wait the whole year and see if I can get discounts afterwards.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts