Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen 63 for 4 liters of fully synthenic anyone seen cheaper?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
It's expensive stuff. Don't forget the oil filter (OEM is great). My last 4 qts Repsol Fully synth and OEM oil filter was like $83w/tax. I can't imagine what the price would be if the stealership did it too with $99/hour labor costs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna stick with a k&n filter picked it up for 15 and haha thats why we change our own oil scew paying someone to do it. howd u like the oil anyways? enough of a difference for the price

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
howd u like the oil anyways? enough of a difference for the price
How would he know? Butt dyno's are ********. You would have to take baseline measurements and have the oil analyzed over a period of time to see the differences between oils.

I run Rotella T6 in my trackbike and it lives at redline with no ill effects. Never any metal or odd debris in the oil when I change it. I use K&N filters for the ease of removal.

YMMV of course.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interesting thanks for the tips guys

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
this in My opinion.. but i dont see where the extra bang from your buck comes in for buying the honda oils.

i use the kawi oil in all my stuff. if you read the backs of the bottles, the honda synthetic and the kawi synthetic are the same thing. around here that saves me $3/L i change a lot of oil.

what makes the repsol oil so much better??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts