Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08' CBR600 I did a deep cleaning to the bike, stripped the bike completely down, the bike is back together but when I start the bike up in neutral the check engine light comes on after about 2 seconds of it running, The check engine light does not blink its just a solid light. Does anybody know the problem? Did I not connect something properly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
No engine stayed on frame, I took off fuel tank, fuel injectors, carbs, wheels, chain, both front and back sprocket
Double check all connectors. Make sure you have them plugged in. The check engine light wouldn't have come on just taking off the wheels and chain. It has to be something between the fuel injectors and fuel tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Double check all connectors. Make sure you have them plugged in. The check engine light wouldn't have come on just taking off the wheels and chain. It has to be something between the fuel injectors and fuel tank.
Yea I will. It’s just weird that the check engine light is solid and doesn’t flash to give me what exactly is wrong

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's normal for the MIL to stay on for a couple seconds. If it doesn't go off or blinks that's telling you there's a problem.

Service Manual 6-16

·
Registered
326 Posts
No engine stayed on frame, I took off fuel tank, fuel injectors, carbs, wheels, chain, both front and back sprocket
You need to retrace your steps as you've almost certainly forgotten to reconnect something.

If it worked before you took it apart and it doesn't now, then there is a strong likelihood you forgot something. We've all been there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's normal for the MIL to stay on for a couple seconds. If it doesn't go off or blinks that's telling you there's a problem.

Service Manual 6-16
yea i know, but usually it sends you a code via blinks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I misunderstood. I thought the light went on for 2 seconds and then off. But the light stays on while the bike is running right?

If so use a jumper on the diagnostic connector under the seat. Jump the green and brown wires (assuming 08 is same as 09). That should get the engine light to blink out any error code.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I misunderstood. I thought the light went on for 2 seconds and then off. But the light stays on while the bike is running right?

If so use a jumper on the diagnostic connector under the seat. Jump the green and brown wires (assuming 08 is same as 09). That should get the engine light to blink out any error code.
Ahh ok, I'm going to try that. It would make my life a lot easier

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
5,020 Posts
you didn't connect the hose to the MAP sensor

when you pulled the airbox there was a tiny little hose that plugged into a sensor mounted to the airbox. when you put it all back together you forgot to put this hose back on.

when you start the bike the sensor doesn't see any vacuum, so it goes into a fault condition.

put the hose back on (You can just lift the tank for access) and you'll be fine.

this is a hilariously common issue. the reason you have no codes prior to starting the bike is because the sensor passes the loop check and is at an expected pressure. the code doesn't show till you start the bike and the sensor still sees 1 bar but should see vacuum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you didn't connect the hose to the MAP sensor

when you pulled the airbox there was a tiny little hose that plugged into a sensor mounted to the airbox. when you put it all back together you forgot to put this hose back on.

when you start the bike the sensor doesn't see any vacuum, so it goes into a fault condition.

put the hose back on (You can just lift the tank for access) and you'll be fine.

this is a hilariously common issue. the reason you have no codes prior to starting the bike is because the sensor passes the loop check and is at an expected pressure. the code doesn't show till you start the bike and the sensor still sees 1 bar but should see vacuum.
Is this the map sensor hose? This hose is connected by a T of 4 hoses that conect to the carburetors. When I took the air box off I found this hose not connected to anything.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Rim

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
5,020 Posts
more than likely

when you took the airbox off you probably pulled the hose off inadvertently. it's pretty tight in there.

connect it to the nipple on the MAP sensor and your code will go away and the bike will operate properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more than likely

when you took the airbox off you probably pulled the hose off inadvertently. it's pretty tight in there.

connect it to the nipple on the MAP sensor and your code will go away and the bike will operate properly.
Yup that was it. Thanks for helping me bro!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts