Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Very nice! What year is it? How many hours do you expect to get from the ending before rebuilding it? I almost want to get a set of street tires for my CRF250R now!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! What year is it? How many hours do you expect to get from the ending before rebuilding it? I almost want to get a set of street tires for my CRF250R now!
Its an 09 and its actually brand new. i bought it on saturday (local dealer was blowing them out at cost) and had the parts installed this past wednesday. i'm not sure hour wise when it'll need a rebuild but for the most part you just run it, do scheduled maintenance and not worry about it until it gets hard to kick. Pretty much the same deal with your 250. Coming from sport bikes parts are crazy cheap so really nothing scares me too much. For example I brought a brand new yosh rs4 system and efi box for $640. Ridiculous! coming from a Ducati anything seems cheap! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Wow, awesome supermoto. I'm jealous!!! I like the track bikes in the background too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, awesome supermoto. I'm jealous!!! I like the track bikes in the background too.
Good eye! my 600RR is in the background in the 3rd pic down with the subframe off... installing full bazzaz kit (efi/tc/quickshift), tc light, tc adjustment switch, powder coating my sub frame satin black and my rims gloss black. We're going to dyno tune it (i've got a built race motor) and that should do it. Just minimal stuff since i've got no $$ left after the supermoto build lol!! :banger:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Good eye! my 600RR is in the background in the 3rd pic down with the subframe off... installing full bazzaz kit (efi/tc/quickshift), tc light, tc adjustment switch, powder coating my sub frame satin black and my rims gloss black. We're going to dyno tune it (i've got a built race motor) and that should do it. Just minimal stuff since i've got no $$ left after the supermoto build lol!! :banger:
Nice mods! Is that a buddies shop of yours? I thought the rims already came with gloss black painting?

·
Registered
182 Posts
nice shop! I love motorcycles
rebuild every thirteen hours
change your oil every week.
dont drop it in the bay.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
veddy nice....I'm thinking about picking up a SM here pretty soon too. Gots to have a street legal one though, so nothing like that. Pretty though. Brother would be jealous for sure, he has a 2008, lives in Utah and has been thinking about converting his for quite some time now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check out CRF's ONLY.COM for all your CRF needs. There is a person Agent Smith (AS RACING) that is a wiz when it comes to CRF's. I have a 250X that is tricked out for dirt. Keep checking your oil level in that bike. Many of the 09's are having issues with the fuel injectors sticking open and leaking fuel into the oil. Check out the site and go to the 450R forum. There is also a recall on the decompression plunger.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I saw this on SMJ a while back. Love the new CRF's.
That's a lot of caliper to use with the stock MC though....

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
ooooh do like :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts