Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yes i know what i involved yada yada yada. . . .yea its a lil silly. . . yada yada yada now read!!!

I'm going on the aka rally. On the 600rr.
I really would like some sponsorship. At the very least to cover the cost on the entrance fee. Someone must know someone?

www.akarally.com

here is what i sent out

Subject: HUGE advertising opportunity.

June 19, 2007

To whom it may concern;

Sir/Ma’am,

Once a year the AKA Rally (www.akarally.com) drives across the roadways of the United States with different courses each year. Because of its popularity, the participant field is limited to 50 vehicles made up entirely of cars, until now.

A few days ago I was sent an email from the CEO of the rally. He expressed sadness that one team, two people, one car was dropping out of this years rally. He then went on to offer the slot to me. I accepted the offer immediately because of the tremendous opportunity this presents, but I did so with a twist. I asked permission to take a team of two motorcycles and two riders. He agreed to this offer and admitted that this would be a huge attention getter, only two motorcycles in a field of 50.

I mention attention getting because of the advertising opportunity. The AKA rally has been operating since 2004. It has been featured on MTV’s Real life series and is put on by TRUMP and Trump Industries, of course made famous by Donald Trump. In its infancy the rally was a spin-off of the world famous and highly publicized Gumball 3000 however since its inaugural run it has become nearly impossible to get a spot, what once was a field of Acura RSXs, BMW 325s driven by adolescents is now being dominated by Porsche GT3s and many other exotics driven by business tycoons and a few celebrities.

In addition to the obvious physical viewing of sponsor decals on the side of a vehicle traveling across the US, sponsors apparel being seen on riders, stopping at major cities and being publicized on a website; a DVD is recorded and released to the public every year. Huge.

So how does this affect you?

You have been contacted because you appeal to the two riders as a local entity that we would be proud to represent. Riders that include a military service member and a law enforcement officer, both seniors in college with very bright futures ahead of themselves.

And the deep desire to ride and endure.

We are not asking much for this opportunity to advertise on a national level!

Needed items (some have already been acquired):
2 sets of tires
Moto GPS
Service/tune up for bikes (good opportunity)

$3600 entrance fee for the team. (sponsor who pays this or most of it will be named the “team” for example, if sponsor “Black” agrees to pay we will become “Team Black” and I cannot stress to you how much we will push that advertisement while on the journey.) (This price includes all lodging and food) They don’t charge much for the entrance fee because they reserve the right to the video images taken on the rally. And they make a killing off us.

Freight arrangements to Salt Lake City
Compensation for fuel
Compensation for other fluids (i.e, oil)
Any other equipment that could be advertised (luggage, protective gear, sports drinks)

I cannot stress to you how big this could be for your company or business.

Regardless of any sponsorship, this ride will take place with the said riders, on a Suzuki GSXR 600 and a Honda 600rr.We hope you will also be on board!

Please do not hesitate to call for questions; we have about a week and a half to make final sponsor arrangements and three weeks to the rally.

THANK YOU!

James (Jay) McCarthy
978 973 0037

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and i'm willing to ditch the teamate for someone who is willing to pay and has some level of maturity.

i recruited him so i can get rid of him :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
When is the competition?
How long is it?
Sorry if it's on the other site, but I cannot seem to access to it.
If the time is right, I might be able to participate with you.
Sounds cool!

·
Registered
182 Posts
When is the competition?
How long is it?
Sounds cool!
He said 3 weeks from the date of his "today dated" email. :confused3

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When is the competition?
How long is it?
Sounds cool!
Salt lake city - atlantic city

July 16- 22

Fee 3200 for two bikes and two riders.
includes all food and lodging.

all spots have been filled. But i could get one person in.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean by "someone that is willing to pay?" Wish I didn't have work, I think that would be a really cool trip. Good luck with it.

willing to pay means half of the 3200

i have been looking for sponsors. . . but no luck so far.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its looking like my teamate might be backing out so if anybody is interested let me know!

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
holy fuk!!!! If only I had the time and money!!! I would be in this sh!t for sure!!!! and to be honest..... thats really not that much money if your splitting it.

What I would give to ride in this!!!!!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its not a lot of money at all. . .but they are taking our video rights so i feel like i am "working" and should pay the least amount as possible. . . and advertise the shi* out of my bike.

·
Registered
885 Posts
You know if i didnt have to pay for transport to get the bike there and a freakin plane ticket id be packing my bags right now

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
finding sponsors should be easy... try local dealerships, parts stores, online stores, online forums........
Its not as easy as I thought. I have dealerships that are willing to do the service before we leave but as far as monetary sponsor go. . . just a few, energy drinks as you can imagine.

Plus a lot of them dont enjoy the fact that we will be breaking a few traffic laws on the way , BUT a few websites actually like that idea. . . so we will see over the next few days who will be on board.

ps If i lose the teamate and can't find a replacement, I'M GOING BY MYSELF!

:wav: :wav:

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
finding sponsors should be easy... try local dealerships, parts stores, online stores, online forums........

Not really...think about it..... would you want your business advertised on vehicles that are gonna be (at times) driving eratic???

This is like a Cannon Ball Run :hump: and some of the jokers WILL be haulin ass!! (i know I would) So finding a sponser will not be easy. I'm not saying that they are all gonna be "racing"...but I would think for the most part they will and their speeds will exceed well into the 120-130 at times.

It's do"able but not easy.

Either way, I still would love to do this.....but being poor has it's disadvantages

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would contact "Go Fast" in Denver, CO. They seem like a pretty cool company. They have developed a functional Jet Pack. I have seen this in operation. It is amazing!

you are extremely pressed for time though. I have connections with Mt. Dew marketing department... Several months ago they may have gotten on board as an underground marketing deal. But, I'm nearly positive that there is not time to connect on this event.

I'll look into Mt. Dew for you, but, I would definitely contact "Go Fast"

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would contact "Go Fast" in Denver, CO. They seem like a pretty cool company. They have developed a functional Jet Pack. I have seen this in operation. It is amazing!

you are extremely pressed for time though. I have connections with Mt. Dew marketing department... Several months ago they may have gotten on board as an underground marketing deal. But, I'm nearly positive that there is not time to connect on this event.

I'll look into Mt. Dew for you, but, I would definitely contact "Go Fast"

Please do! I know how pressed for time I am.

I wil contact go fast.

UPDATE= Pretty sure my teamate is bailing on me!!! anybody???

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok UPDATE: I am down a team mate. shucks. Two days from now I should have 100% of the funds needed.

I am looking for someone who would be able to recieve shipment of my motorcycle in Salt Lake City @ or around July 9th and would possibly be able to grab me at the airport on the 11th. Details and times can be worked out. . . lemme know!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So because i lost my team mate I have to room with the camera guy. . . greeeeat.

Making shipping arangements tomorrow

bump for this thread. . .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts