Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to remind everyone to check their tire pressure often. I rode yesterday to work and i just was not taking turns well. It's like my bike did not want to turn. I was on a ramp from one highway to another, and i took the turn wide and went on the shoulder. Had to slow down a lot more to turn.

Checked my tire pressure and I was 10 psi low on each tire.

So check those tires !! :cruising:

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
Repost IMO.

Glad you're not dead though.
so what? its never a bad idea to have a reminder now and again... some people arent very attentive and overlook small things like that.. I cant tell you how many cars i see with low tires...

Glad you were able to recognize it and adjust before something went wrong!

·
Registered
126 Posts
What is my tire pressure supposed to be at while we are on it? I have Pirelli on the front and a Diablo on the back. The Pirelli said 42 psi on the tire. Seems high? Idk.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
837 Posts
Can these be installed without any tire removal tools? Will a home compressor be able to get the tire back on bead?
i think you need one of those tools to get the pin out but its only like 2 dollars. as for the bead you can just put a ratchet strap around the tire and crank it down, then when you start filling the tire it will pop back into the bead.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
What is my tire pressure supposed to be at while we are on it? I have Pirelli on the front and a Diablo on the back. The Pirelli said 42 psi on the tire. Seems high? Idk.
Max cold pressure is 36 PSI front, 42 PSI rear. Many people ride a little lower PSI than this (especially in the twisties), but about 34/40 is a good general starting point

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

those are the numbers for max payload capacity, for example, if you're riding two up. I usually keep mine at 35(rear)/33(front) for street riding.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
those are the numbers for max payload capacity, for example, if you're riding two up. I usually keep mine at 35(rear)/33(front) for street riding.
Or if you're fat like me and weigh about as much as 2 skinny people. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
tire pressure make such a big difference. I purchased my bike a little over a month ago and never checked the tire pressure after buying it. It wasnt until I did my oil change a few weeks ago that I decided to check my tire pressure, just for giggles...I was 8psi in the front and 11psi in the back. After pumping B016's to 34 in the front and back...its a completely different bike...and it CORNERS. I feel so much more comfortable on my bike... :+1: for checking tire pressure.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I check it every Friday night before I head off to find some twisties on the weekends. As others have been saying...as a VERY general rule of thumb that I use and is not applicable in all situations, low 30s for twisties, mid 30s for slabbin', upper 30's for a fully loaded bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I accidentally ran 28 in the front when it was cold and on a hard riding day. Ended up with a really weird grove/dip around the tire. Thought the bike felt weird.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts