Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently dug into my bike (new to me 06) to fix a coolant leak, and when I tried to start it up with everything back together, I'm getting an MIL. I checked the codes and got a 2, 9, and 11 - so a MAP code, IAT code, and a VS code.

I started trying to follow the flow charts in my clymer manual to troubleshoot each problem, but a lot of the FI system troubleshooting requires a diagnostic test harness that connects between the ECU and the wiring harness connector to do voltage checks while the ecu is plugged in and operating, but I could only find one for €750 so I'm guessing that this is a dealer only type tool.

I started by checking what I could without it on the IAT (easiest to access), and voltages and resistances were ok, and I got continuity to the ECU connector for both wires but still have an IAT code. At this point, just for the IAT I think I will need the test harness to figure this out. Is there another DIY option that I can use to do these inspections?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe the test harness is a method that isn't really used? If so, does anyone know what might cause all three of these codes to show up when I didn't touch any of these sensors other than unplugging connectors? I am going to check to make sure the vacuum hose is still connected to the MAP sensor, but otherwise I don't know why all 3 would show up although there were no codes before. Thanks

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,814 Posts
They probably share a common conductor or grounding point. I promise you don't have 3 bad sensors. You have a harness issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts