Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine wanted to go ride today up Angeles so a bunch of us got together to ride.

I just got a new set of BT016 cause of a flat...
Installed them last night and scrubbed them in on the way to long beach to meet my.boys.
So today was my first canyon ride, first time riding in rain and only the second time I've done over 100 miles in a day.

Tires held up well and I have 0 chicken strip left... few of my boys are legit knee daggers so I was on the advanced learning curve... I managed to figure everything out pretty quick and one day will be dragging knees too...

Had a great day.. more coming soon..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds kinda like me, the only difference is you didn't drop your bike. I did :[ Try to do something I wasn't ready for :[

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Basically what I was going to say without getting into too much detail is, using your whole entire contact patch (getting rid of chicken strips) is never a good thing, you should always keep some lean angle in reserve in case you need a mid corner correction wherever you ride. There are at least a couple hundred other reasons why, but it's late and I'm getting tired. One last thing to take in consideration for someone that was in you situation is to not focus on knee dragging and to focus on just your body position first. Plenty of experienced riders here to help out with any questions on this matter, don't hesitate to ask. Just don't get caught up with what your riding buddies are doing.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Im not... The biggest thing I worked on was body position. I spent more time shifting my ass around than anything... Im interested in the dynamics of proper riding... I appreciate the info ... I take all advice... especially good advice..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts