Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
may be a very dumb question buuut whats the point of it? why have rollers on the seat that would seem like...not a good idea.
and yes that does look very expensive

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well according to the site, the rollers are to reduce rider fatigue going through chicanes. They aren't just free spinning rollers, they have friction coils so that you can adjust how easily it spins or doesn't.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
ooh got ya well that makes sense. a little unnecessary IMO but to each there own

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooh got ya well that makes sense. a little unnecessary IMO but to each there own
Yeah, from the website, it looks like there are only slight gains from this. The only thing I found interesting is that they said this may help you recover a bike and prevent a highside? I don't exactly foresee it, but I would like to here from pro riders when this thing goes into production. I just don't see how the added weight can justify the pros for it.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Yeah, from the website, it looks like there are only slight gains from this. The only thing I found interesting is that they said this may help you recover a bike and prevent a highside? I don't exactly foresee it, but I would like to here from pro riders when this thing goes into production. I just don't see how the added weight can justify the pros for it.
i think the recovery part is let the bike do its thing

the bike will self recover from ALOT of stuff, but when you, the rider puts forces on it, it gets agitated

so when the bike snaps back, the bike is able to slide under you ie: you dont stick to it and get pitched off

it wouldnt help with the most sever ones, but the ones that just buck the rider off, might not do it... atleast i would guess thats the principle behind it.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the recovery part is let the bike do its thing

the bike will self recover from ALOT of stuff, but when you, the rider puts forces on it, it gets agitated

so when the bike snaps back, the bike is able to slide under you ie: you dont stick to it and get pitched off

it wouldnt help with the most sever ones, but the ones that just buck the rider off, might not do it... atleast i would guess thats the principle behind it.
Ahhh, that clears it up a bit. Well considering the rollers friction is adjustable I guess they could with stand the sudden weight transfer. Still, I would like to see this in action instead of an idea on paper.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't think anyone really needs this, but great bit of engineering.

·
Registered
901 Posts
way to bring back thread from the dead...

·
Registered
901 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts