Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ever time i read about the chicken strips i dont know exactly what you guys are talking about, in one thread some body tell that is the mark of the tire when or the angle that you lean the bike but can some body xplain me please.

what are chicken strips.
how you can say they are better
is bad or good have it
what is the importance of have chicken strips
i dont know all the info you can give me to understand about this, hope you can help me guys thanx so much.

rodrigo

·
Registered
178 Posts
From what ive always said chicken strips were, is the area on the side of your tires that does not wear. Where it still looks new on either side of where u ride and put wear on ur tires.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Basically they are the area near the edge of the tire that has not touched the road. They are called chicken strips because it usually takes a skilled rider or someone with balls to get rid of them completely.
Heres a pic:

Heres a pic of tires without chicken strips:

Chicken strips aren't bad, especially if you are only riding on the street. But its pretty simple, the more lean angle the less chicken strips you have.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanx so much now i know that, so it not that bad if im only street riding right? so its not bad that i have CS LOL that make me mmm rider with not that much balls to lean my bike? LOL JK so thanx and i try to take off that CS with careful of course.

rodrigo

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Chicken strips aren't bad and don't mean jack. You don't need to worry about taking them off. But if you want to, the best place is the track....

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Chicken strips aren't bad and don't mean jack. You don't need to worry about taking them off. But if you want to, the best place is the track....
Word to that.

Chicken strips are no indication of skill (unless they're flat out huge :bootyshak). No reason to get a bike that low on the streets, anyways.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It's better to have chicken strip and be alive than have no chicken strip dead on the streets.

But thanks for letting us know you're a noob. :icon_geek

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yea, you dont need to worry about having them. Its perfectly fine. When I ride on the street I still have pretty big chicken strips. The tires you are running may also affect the size of your CS. Depending on the profile of the tire it may make it easier or harder to get rid of them. But really man, just ride your bike and enjoy it and dont sweat the small stuff.

·
Registered
108 Posts
LOL OMG you're a vagina for having chicken strips!

Jk..I have some chicken strips myself. Take it easy and learn your bike inside and out. The chicken strips will come off in due time, just now isn't the right time.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I'm hungry after reading all the post now....I'm going to Popeyes for some chicken strips! w/ sweet and sour!!!! LOL........................Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
906 Posts
chicken strips are basically a measure of how big your weiner is. haha j/k don't worry about them. it's funny hearing people talk about trying to get rid of their chicken strips just for the sake of not having them. just go to the track and they'll be gone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts