Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched a few vids on Youtube about guys posting vids of there chicken strips lol, so one of the vids i saw it looked like the dude never turned :dunno lol. Lets see everyones "Chicken Strips" ;) and a little explanation like this
Tires : Bridgestone Battlax BT-021's (tires that came w my bike when i bought her (they were brand new). Gotta say i have no complaints about this tire! this is my 3rd summer on them and they still look new! (do about 5K a yr) Once these are worn out ill prob opt for something a bit stickier, but im loving the fact they look to be a long wear tire. I dont do Track Days (maybe someday :()
i feel better for some reason turning left vs right, plus on my way to work theres a sweet off ramp (exit to the right, but it curls perfectly around and under) that i look forward to when there's NO traffic in front of me that is :banghead:!

Right side, angle is a bit off but you get the picture

Left :)

Still have a bit of room to go :) by no means am i an expert; but not so bad for a city boy ;) God i love my bike, so nimble and flickable in the corners :thumbup: No caynons to carve around Ottawa anyway booo

D

·
0 Posts
You have a bit of room left for what? To lean over and crash?

I sure do love how chicken strips are an indication of "skill". If you don't do trackdays (hell, even if you do trackdays), do not ******* worry about chicken strips, unless you take joy in posting in the CBB section.

But here you go. BT-003R, medium race compound.
Shows both street and track chicken strips. This tire was used at the time my avatar picture was taken.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You have almost 15,000 KMs on that tire? lol. Looks like they're good for another 10,000km. I think you need to get a scooter cause you can't be driving that bike too hard.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I sure do love how chicken strips are an indication of "skill". If you don't do trackdays (hell, even if you do trackdays), do not ******* worry about chicken strips, unless you take joy in posting in the CBB section.

Shows both street and track chicken strips. This tire was used at the time my avatar picture was taken.

thats crazy i would love join the knee dragger club some day!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Dragging knee is not a goal, nor an indication of going fast. Typically it is a sign of people not riding properly because they try to drag knee.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Brooksie, don't get too worried about chicken strips. Anyone who's going to judge you as a poor rider by the fact that you've still got a few millimetres of tread you haven't scrubbed yet is probably not someone whose judgement you should take that seriously. Demented is spot on with his advice.

And don't worry about not riding the bike hard. If you can manage to make your tyres last AND still enjoy yourself on the bike, you're doing well!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have some chicken strips to bro but I like call them "INSURACE SLIPS" LOL

·
Registered
76 Posts
thats not what im saying at all. im not talking speed nor do i care about what people think. i think it would be cool so go down a windy road leaned all the way over that all

·
Registered
303 Posts
OP. Your tires look great after that many miles!!! Mines only had 4K and there was lots of tread left but were starting to dry rot.

·
Registered
303 Posts
These tires had about 3500 miles from the original owner. He never rode it hard, but he had tons of fun with it. Ride it however you want to, as long as your having fun and being safe.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
485 Posts
The slow people club, aka the knee dragger club, is lame. Don't bother.
LOL true that first track day thats all i wanted to do. bad position knee down!

second day i went worked on my body postion alot got bumped up to the top end of intermediate group (control rider said that) and ran MUCH faster laps and hit knees very few times compared to my first day out.

Michelin 2ct

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
this was me a couple of years ago, it looks like i'm trying hard to get my knee down, notice how much i put my knees out.

now compare this to my present form, i'm not even trying to drag knee, in fact i avoid it.

dragging knee & zero chicken strips is not the goal, they are just byproducts of becoming a smooth & skilled rider. when i tried not to drag knee & concentrated on improving my technique & form i went faster & lowered my lap times by seconds. dragging knee became a hindrance instead of an asset.

speaking of chicken strips here's mine.

Michelin Power Race front

Michelin Power Race rear

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These tires had about 3500 miles from the original owner. He never rode it hard, but he had tons of fun with it. Ride it however you want to, as long as your having fun and being safe.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yeppers :)

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You have almost 15,000 KMs on that tire? lol. Looks like they're good for another 10,000km. I think you need to get a scooter cause you can't be driving that bike too hard.
LOL, mainly ride to and from work, try and get out on weekends w some buddies, but ive been busy lately :( unless you take you bike on the track or frequent good twisty roads, it's kinda hard to ride hard and be agressive in the streets just not smart imo, i need to get out on a track :)

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

nice, how did you find the med race compound vs reg street tire, big diff i assume?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts