Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience with buying one of the cheap bubble windscreens from China? Im currently at the track with an oem windscreen so anything a bit higher would be nice. Ive had the hotbodies windscreen in the past and enjoyed it but curious as to whether I can be cheap on this. I guess my question is how tall are the Chinese "bubble" windscreens?

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
Your hot bodies probably came from China. Chinese is not a single thing. They make very good, and very bad things. Just like we do here.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Your hot bodies probably came from China. Chinese is not a single thing. They make very good, and very bad things. Just like we do here.
Well said. How ever, there are more bads than goods, so do your research before committing to a certain product.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I bought one about a month ago.

Like an idiot, I sold my nice Puig double bubble to go back to a stock screen - and found the stock screen didn't give enough wind protection when tucked on the straights, so now I want to go back to a taller screen. I gambled on one of the ~$18 clear doubles on ebay; I think I now know where the extra money goes during production. The screen I got was rough but fine, however there was no optical clarity - images were distorted through the screen. I think that the known windscreen makers use a much more expensive method to create optically correct acrylic, hence the price. I was unsatisfied, so I'm going to buy a different screen, probably from Puig or Hotbodies.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I ordered a $30 one from ebay before, came from china. It didn't even fit on my bike correctly, I contacted the seller on the phone and he was seriously suggesting that I drill holes in my front fairing to allow it to fit better, yeah... that wasn't going to happen. Then I practically got into a fight with him on the phone about shipping, I told him that unless he pays for my shipping and gives me a full refund for misadvertising a product then i'm going to give him a bad review... Luckily he complied..

Then I went to amazon and got one from their for $15 (reviews said it fit) and it fit perfect. Was happy, only thing was the tint was easily scratched off.

tl;dr - make sure fitment is 100% right, look at REVIEWS don't trust their "fitment chart" also be careful, tint is sensitive (if you do get a tinted screen)

Good luck, oh and btw, this was for my old ninja 250, not a cbr600rr. Same principles still apply.

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just check out rin's videos ^^^ No use in wasting money. I'll probably just put the money aside for a good one. Think ill try out the puig screen this time. thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hows that iPhone?
This is a very misleading question. iPhone is an American product designed and engineered by an American company, Apple. The product is built in China but under strict guidance, supervision and to the standards set by Apple. This is a far cry from a product that is "designed", "engineered", and built in China by a Chinese company.

To even compare the former to the latter is absurd.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hows that iPhone?
This is a very misleading question. iPhone is an American product designed and engineered by an American company, Apple. The product is built in China but under strict guidance, supervision and to the standards set by Apple. This is a far cry from a product that is "designed", "engineered", and built in China by a Chinese company.

To even compare the former to the latter is absurd.
You mean you guys don't still use blackberry's????????

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
The difference with American companies that outsource to China is that MOST have their own QC (quality control) that is key as a lot of **** comes from China. Also the larger companies (Apple) have their own facilities there. So it's not just their own QC, but their own equipment, raw goods, employees, etc. The problem with a lot of the china crap bought direct is that there is no QC, and nobody even cares about the quality even if it's a safety component as you can't sue someone in China if you crash and end up in the hospital due to a bad part. US companies have liability insurance to cover their customers should something happen and due to US laws they go to great lengths to ensure crap doesn't get out there (especially when it's safety related).

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bought one from Ebay for $15 and fits really well. Its for my casual rides and commuting where I dont need to be tucked to gain speed.
I use my OEM on track days

·
Registered
101 Posts
Currently on my second set of china's clear windscreen. Replaced the first one due to too many scratches on it.

The first one didn't really fit properly, had to file the holes bigger.

The second one wasn't so bad. It fitted, not perfectly, it was really tight, had to force the rubber in. ;)

For the price, couldn't complain much.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bigger issue was clarity and bubble height. I think Rinonz videos summed up about the best what you are buying with these offers

·
Registered
537 Posts
My current two windscreens are both chinese double bubble or whatever it's called. I'm 6 feet tall and think they provide adequate wind protection at high speeds when you're tucked in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
China made Double Bubble

I have purchased 2 from China, diff. sellers, one for my VFR400 NC30 and now one for my CBR600RR and both are fine quality, fit well and look great. Both are dark smoke so visibility is not really a concern for me. I can see through it though but I dont stay tucked in like that too long anyway...The name brand ones here in North America are simply way over priced IMO...mine for the CBR was $15 including shipping. No brainer for me :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts