Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, is there a recommended method for choosing where to set your peg height on aftermarket rearsets that are height adjustable? Go as high as you are a comfortable with?

I initially set my vortex rearsets as I high as I they would go to get extra clearance. This was a tolerable comfort wise but not great. My 2nd time at the track with these rearsets I tucked the front (40mph) and it got me thinking that maybe this far high setting was upsetting my body position or creating some handling problems for me based on giving me a bod position on the bike.

Just wondering how everyone went about selecting their peg height of if there is an "accepted" method for doing this.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
great topic!!!!!!!!!!! i also had raised em up prior to my last day when i had a get off. i'm putting mine back down for next time to where i'm accustomed to them.

·
Registered
903 Posts
To me, the common sense thing to do was to put the bike on a front stand and a rear stand and take a measurement from the floor up to the top of the ORIGINAL footpeg. After mounting the rearset bases, I installed the peg of the new rearsets on the first set of holes that were higher than factory pegs. I've never moved them and don't have clearance issues either. YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts