Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right before I put my bike up for the winter I was getting quite a bit of choppiness in my throttle as I would roll off the throttle and then get back on it. The bike would kind chop or jump per se if that makes sense. It just isn't smooth at all. What would be causing this?
I do have an aftermarket pipe and grips but not sure if they have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would start with checking your chain & sprocket. It could be to much slack or might be time for a new one.

My buddy experienced the same problem on his zx6r. His chain was super loose and when he tightened it his chain
didn't align right with the sprocket. He replaced his chain and sprockets and said it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought of that I'll check it out. My bikes an 08 with original chain and sprockets, bike only has 7,000 miles on it though

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
7,000 miles is a lot if the chain wasn't taken care of properly. That could be dirt or improper adjustments.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, little too much slack in the chain. Thanks guys glad it was something simple. That's why I like this forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts