Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2006 CBR600rr. Bike currently has about 11,600 miles on it. Bought the bike used a few months ago, and haven't really had any issues. Recently, however, I have noticed that as soon as the bike gets warm, whenever I blip the throttle you can hear a "chattering" type noise. Does it when the bike is just sitting there not moving, so I know its not the drive chain or anything bouncing around. I thought it was maybe the cam tensioner so I purchased a manual one and installed it today. No difference whatsoever. I also notice the noise when in first gear going from stand still and accelerating. It does it only for the first second or two while the rpms are low, then I don't hear it anymore.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was hand tightened then backed out 1/4 of a turn. Tried it.noise still happened only when blipping the throttle. Tightened it. Still no change. Tried a few more turns tightening it but it sounded the same the whole time.

D

·
0 Posts
Where on the engine is the noise coming from? Left or right side, and by the top of the engine or towards the bottom?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts