Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn,

Had my bike 2 days, and my dad jumps on the thing, swings his leg over and puts a scratch on the rear plastic. Any suggestions on a good product for cleaning up something like this? I tried some basic car wax but it did nothing. Is this something I could probably hand buff out? It's not like a dig or anything, just a surface scratch from like his sneaker sole or something similar. Any suggestions much appreciated. Damn I'm still pissed.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Rub Lightly With A Nylon Mesh And A Tiny Drop Of Dish Soap....that Gets Bic Pen Off Cadillacs.....(i Wrote On A Car As A Kid And Got Caught)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
I know this crap happens so I best be prepared for it and work with it as I go. Any suggestions as to what I should apply BEFORE it gets scratched to help it from getting scratched?? Thanks again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Can you catch your finger on it? If you can you need to have it touched up. Otherwise if you have a electric buffer, get a wool pad and some rubbing compound and get at it. If the buffer is powerful becareful and don't apply a lot of pressure cause you can burn through the paint. Wax isn't going to take it out, all wax really does if fill in very fine scratches which will eventually show up again after the wax goes away. If you want to help keep you bike scratch free, wax it regularly, though wax won't take scratches out, it will help prevent them.

·
Registered
767 Posts
has any body ever thought of putting clear vinyl over the plastics
i seen the invisible car bra......
.........wish they had 'em for the lay-dehz...ooooohhh yeah

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well, so far nobody's mentioned the body shop method (assuming you can't get it out with a regular car buffer). 3M makes different grade compounds that are designed to be used with DA sanders. I redid my whole bike over winter and took out just about every scratch I had. I wrote up a whole instruction method up here before and it was rather long. So if you want it start searching some of my post. Note: if you don't have some of the items necessary. . . its going to cost you, but its good for life.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a few scuff marks from my shoe hitting the plastic. I was too lazy to wash the bike so I used some spit and my thumb...rubbed it right out. Got fingerprints and streak marks all over the plastic but that I can live with...lol

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ceph said:
ah, just put a sticker over it.

little bit of rubbing compound will get rid of it, if you can't "wipe" it off.
+1 for the sticker.

·
Registered
117 Posts
not only will the stickers cover it up, but give you an extra 5 HP for every single one, you'll b at 150HP in no time n smoke them liter bikes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts