Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a 600rr. But have one last question before i buy a graffiti. I have search the forums and have not found anything on this topic. Since the graffiti has a matte finish how is it to clean? Can you wax it? Do fingerprints and hand prints show easily on the paint? Any info is much appreciated. Just trying to make sure i choose the right color.

·
Registered
95 Posts
pretty sure it says in the manual to not wax it. my friend has a flat black gsxr and she waxed hers it just looked streaky and crappy. I just wash it and dry it. I'll clean the swing arm and metal bits with simple green. Looks awesome everytime

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
08 Graffiti is a matte black. If anything finger prints should show more on gloss surface.

It is not really flat black. It is a metallic gunmetal gray.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Technically its not even flat black. There is a clear coat over it that gives it a matte finish. I would apply a thin layer of wax just to protect the paint. Just don't wax any plastic pieces.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there anyone that owns a graffiti that has any input?

·
Registered
156 Posts
input from an owner

mine's 3 weeks "old" now.

I think I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Just clean and dry as others said.. Not really sure if wax is gonna help or not.

Since the graffiti has a matte finish how is it to clean?
I'll find out in 24 hrs.

Do fingerprints and hand prints show easily on the paint?
No they dont show, absolutely dont.

Personally I went the graffiti route, though 500-600 expensive becasue IMO the other color schemes/designs just didnt cut it.. and I had to have the CBR only and hence the graffiti.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had my graffiti since middle of May. i have never waxed and i dont plan on waxing it. i just wash and dry every part of it, and use a little bit of de-greaser on the back wheel and wipe it off and the rims shine! dropped it off at the local dealer to get a new back tire on and the service guy said it was probly the best graffiti he has seen!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a Graffiti, have never waxed it and dont plan on it. Wax just swirls your clear coat, it may look good for the first bit but repeated waxes will make your CC swirled in different light. it is clear coated but doesnt show fingerprints hardly at all, its a great color that for the most part unless its totally filthy looks clean. All Ive done cleaning wise is rinsed it with a wand, put a light coat of diluted simple green on the bike, rinse off and dry with a microfibre cloth. I think it looks better than the day i bought it! I agree with amac, just wash and hand dry it and you should have no problems.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am a painter at a colision repair center and I own a 08 Graffiti. I dont know why alot of people think the matte finish on them doesnt have a clear coat. It has a clear coat but has a flattening agent in it so it doesnt shine. Do not wax the bike! If you do you will no longer have a matte finish. Its very easy to clean and wont show the dirt and fingerprints nearly as much as a glossy clear. I use the Honda spray cleaner and polish on it after I wash it. If the bike is not so dirty I wont wash it and just used the cleaner. It just sprays on and wipe off. No scrubbing or polishing. I do recomend a tank protector cause when I ride my leather jacket rubs on the tank and tends to polish the matte finish to a shiny spot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
what are you guys using to clean you wheels i got chain wax all over mine. Watch getting on and off the bike i kicked one of my stickers and ruined it lol.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have a graffiti i use honda / origanal plish its a waxer polisher degreaser debuger everything u can use it on the intire bike but not the seats aor hand/foot controls it works amazing

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i have a graffiti i use honda / origanal plish its a waxer polisher degreaser debuger everything u can use it on the intire bike but not the seats aor hand/foot controls it works amazing

I also have a Graffiti and I have had it since January. I use soap and water and Honda Polish for the bike. Never a problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts