Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I'm noticing most track bikes have clear windscreens vs. tinted, smoke, etc. Is it just personal preference or is there some advantage that I just don't know about? Does it make the bike go faster? ;-) I can see it being useful for video recording but that's about it really.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
So...I'm noticing most track bikes have clear windscreens vs. tinted, smoke, etc. Is it just personal preference or is there some advantage that I just don't know about? Does it make the bike go faster? ;-) I can see it being useful for video recording but that's about it really.
When your down the front straight your tucked so much That a smoked windscreen would block some vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about double bubble windscreens? Is it just about looks? Aerodynamics?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, I'm heading to the track for the first time in a couple of weeks and was debating if I should swap out my ZeroGravity DB dark smoke windscreen for the OEM clear windscreen.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
BTW, I'm heading to the track for the first time in a couple of weeks and was debating if I should swap out my ZeroGravity DB dark smoke windscreen for the OEM clear windscreen.
You should have more important things to think about when your out there. Lines, throttle control, breaking technique, and just having a good time. If you want you can but I dont think you would necessarily need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
IOM tt /BSB use "corsa" = taller than double bubble.

have both, and like corsa better.

both ZG and fits perfect.

not a track rider, too old and poor.......

just a back roads, ATTGAT guy...

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
could not find a clear corsa for my 09 a yr+ ago...because of you [email protected]#$% track guys....so asked for an available model...

have zg smoke (dark i think).corsa and still cannot equal guy martins avg speeds.....................

where's my 2hp ?

was i cheated.... if i buy a clear will i "get competive"...?

can i buy a "turbo edition" for my dark(?) smoke corsa....?

I definetly need the turbo...can you post a link...

help me!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I stay low and sometimes hit the tank with the chin part of my helmet, but I find myself looking ahead just above the top of the windscreen.

Just a tip, if you are required to have numbers on the front of your bikes, white numbers work better when placed on the windscreen, may it be clear or tinted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts