Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now at the track, I drag my toes and sometimes pegs. Nothing extreme, very manageable. I've never dragged my stock bodywork. Question is, I recently installed swing arm spools/sliders. Not sure of the brand, but they look standard from what I've seen. Looking from the back of the bike, they appear to be the same width as the pegs, but in a different position and of course they are in the rear. Think they will drag? There's a track day in a couple weeks, I don't think this is something I want to trial and error.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I'm far from one to be giving advice, but my buddy has been racing for almost 20 years and he rides a ZX6RR with stock rear sets and almost never touches them down. I think you need to hang off more that's all. But then again there are alot of factors such as your weight the bikes are different and such. But alot of racers use the rear swing arm spools and I've never heard of anyone complaining about them hitting.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
rjrutzky said:
Right now at the track, I drag my toes and sometimes pegs. Nothing extreme, very manageable. I've never dragged my stock bodywork. Question is, I recently installed swing arm spools/sliders. Not sure of the brand, but they look standard from what I've seen. Looking from the back of the bike, they appear to be the same width as the pegs, but in a different position and of course they are in the rear. Think they will drag? There's a track day in a couple weeks, I don't think this is something I want to trial and error.
talk to [email protected] hes got a pic in here where he is dragging the bodywork and his frame slider... look up the thread "how low can you go"

eazy

·
Registered
391 Posts
I know a lot of people have been ahving problems with this. I have also spoken to very competitive racers that never drag pegs or plastics. Its all in the technique. The further off the bike you get the more upright the bike remains, the faster you can get on the throttle to exit. I don't even drag my knees though, so what do I know?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jason's pic answered my question. They will not drag. He's not using them, but looks like plenty of clearance and he's dragging everything else. On the toe/peg drag subject (which wasn't my question at all). That's why boots have toe sliders and racers ride aftermarket rearsets (higher). Not saying my posistion is perfect, but dragging a toe/peg once in a while is not cause for alarm.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yep, ball of your foot on the peg and your toes wont drag. Spring your bike correctly and there is less chance of dragging pegs. Aftermarket shock with more height helps too. Rearsets are a good thing to have if you need them. On the street it just makes the bike uncomfortable.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Most of the time when I see someone drag parts on their bike is because they won't move their ass on the bike. Move your body weight over, the bike remains more upright and your not having clearance issues. Plus your going to be faster most of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts