Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this odd clicking noise coming from the back wheel upon rotation. took off the rear caliper, still there. checked to make sure no rubbing and all sprocket bolts were tight. possible rear wheel bearings?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Something Stuck in the tire tread maybe?

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
took the back wheel off. the bearings are def. shot. all rough and leaking grease. ordered new bearings from denniskirk, should be in on tuesday.
I was going to suggest that the chain was too tight. I overtightened mine once and swore I had a bad bearing. Loosened up the chain a bit and the noise went away.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uPDATE: the brake side of the rear wheel had a a bearing which was cracked. upon removal we noticed that behind the cracked bearing was a outer casing of another bearing that had heat welded itself to the hub. so after some tedious dremel and chisel work we were able to remove the old carcass of that bearing.

obviously the previous owner wasnt able to get the old bearing out so he put a new thinner bearing over the case for the old bearing, and without using a seal or a tophat slid the axle through and called it a day.

what a pain in the ass! i bought the bike used from the stealership with the trade in of my metric cruiser. im buying new next go around.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
yep. that def looks like a broken bearing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts