Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BOTM May 2007 , Big Apple PimP
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently started making noise from the neck area whenever i bring it up. could it be the bearings?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
cbr600yea03 said:
"So i goes to the docotor, and i says doc! it hurts when i do this, he said dont do that."
LMAAAAAAAAAAO!!!!!!:sign10:

i can't be the only one who found this hilarious, right??

·
BOTM May 2007 , Big Apple PimP
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL That's funny! I guess thats the easiest way to fix it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
The nut on top will help but the problem lies with the nuts under the triple clamp and / or the bearings. Support the bike with jackstands and the front off the ground, then take the clamp off and check that the nuts underneath are tight. Grab the end of the tree and see if there's free play, if there is and the nuts are tight your bearings are done... although I've never had that happen with any of my racebikes regardless of mileage so my guess is that you should stop doing stoppies if you really want to cure it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i agree definately a loose nut behind the triple clamp : )

·
Registered
513 Posts
steering head bearings need adjustment ( a long time ago ) . you do know you can't go faster with the rear wheel in the air , right ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
You probably shouldn't tell him to just tighten it. since the Torque spec for the Spanner nut is probably around 4ftlbs. Doing endo's are very hard on your steering head bearings and i would guess they are probably shot. Take it to a shop and have those bearings checked/replaced. if you just crank down on the nut and over tighten them you will have worse problems down the road

1 - 10 of 10 Posts