Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 600rr that I was riding around and just randomly really started ticking loudly. When i took it to a shop they thought a bent valve so i tore it apart and there was a bent valve. I had an extra top end laying around so i switched it over and put it all back together. the exact same ticking noise was there. so then i researched that 600rr always have problems with the CCT, so i got a different stock one, still ticks the same. then i got a manual one, still ticks the same. finally i took the clutch cover over and slowly turned the motor over and could see that the lower side of my cam chain would catch and then snap forward which created the ticking noise. it did it exactly every half rotation of turning the engine over. my dad said that meant that every half rotation of the engine is a full rotation of the cam shafts on top of the end (he knows more than me, so im assuming he is right). so i tightened down the manual CCT until the ticking went away when i turned the engine over by hand. so i put it all back together positive the problem was fixed.... stick ticks the exact same. my bike has been in pieces for over 2 months now and i cant figure it out. any suggestions? im really getting frustrated!

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
maybe your cam chain is stretched too much & is in need of replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts