Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'4 and my weight on my wrist of 255lbs is really starting to hurt. I plan on loosing some weight, but I also want to change the clip ons/bar raisers do you guys have any recommendation of which ones? Clip-ons and bar raisers are the same thing right?

·
Registered
595 Posts
if your weight is putting pressure on your wrists, you aren't sitting correctly on the bike...you should be using your legs and you back to hold you up. Your hands should be light on the bars and your arms should be loose, not locked and tight. You should be able to sit in your riding position with no hands and be able to hold yourself up without falling forward.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
MAD1 said:
if your weight is putting pressure on your wrists, you aren't sitting correctly on the bike...you should be using your legs and you back to hold you up. Your hands should be light on the bars and your arms should be loose, not locked and tight. You should be able to sit in your riding position with no hands and be able to hold yourself up without falling forward.

Yeah, but then your legs hurt. :bitchslap:

I'm In the same boat, 6'4" 255#, After a few days of riding my wrists don't hurt as much. I hadn't ridden the RR for about two weeks waiting anxiously for the MSF license paperwork to show up, My wrists were pretty sore saturday but by tomorrow they'll be fine.

If the clip-ons help, let me know though.

I don't think it's the weight on the wrists that causes the problem, I don't lock my arms or anything, I think It's the angle of the wrists when your tall.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I'm 6'1 250. Clipons and adjsutable rearsets would help to customize your riding position so that it might feel better to you. Every little piece goes into your body position and the more variables that are adjustable the more likely your going to find something that feels better.

As for the wrists you really jsut have to take the pressure off of them. Working on your riding position. I had that problem at first and I was leanign on the bars which is bad. You just have to train yourself.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Perhaps risers would be appropriate, but clip-ons are not the solution. Clip-ons tend to be positioned lower, which would make your body more inclined to lean on your wrists. You definitely need to evaluate your riding position some more.

Grip the tank cover with your knees and raise the pressure from your wrists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts