Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, so i called the stealership and they couldn't tell me what size they are...the dealership here apparently doesnt know anything. Tried telling me like 7/8 ? Thought everything was metric..not standard?

Well anways, help out me out! What size are the clip ons? Im thinking I need to replace mine because im not able to install bar ends...

If you're going to flame, this isn't the thread to do it in..I did search and couldnt really pull up anything, it kept messing up..must be my computer..

Doug

·
Premium Member
53,946 Posts
What brand of bar ends are you trying to install ?

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
before you get flamed for not searching....

48mm on the forks and 7/8" tube.

I did a search buddy, go ahead and flame on! I've got the suit on!

I'm kindly asking, so no need to flame. :bootyshak

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What brand of bar ends are you trying to install ?

I've got like 3 sets..2 oem sets and the vortex.

The end of the bar end isn't slipping inside the clip on tube..I put the bolt in the side bar end..but where it supposed to catch inside, that just got pushed farther back into the clip on.

Don't know if you follow what im saying..but as easy as bar ends are supposed to be to install, this is driving me bizzerk, i've done plenty of other modifications but this one is killing me :tard:

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...and I was not flaming. It was a pre-flame warning so take that suit off cowboy.

BTW its was the third hit when I did the search, I guess it depends on what you search for.

Pre-flame..haha alright man. Its all good, if you dont mind, shoot me a link then. I obviously am not searching right. I kept gettin some dialog box saying about a 3 letter minimum or word, idk, it drove me nuts

·
Premium Member
53,946 Posts
I've got like 3 sets..2 oem sets and the vortex.

The end of the bar end isn't slipping inside the clip on tube..I put the bolt in the side bar end..but where it supposed to catch inside, that just got pushed farther back into the clip on.

Don't know if you follow what im saying..but as easy as bar ends are supposed to be to install, this is driving me bizzerk, i've done plenty of other modifications but this one is killing me :tard:
Are you missing any ingredients ?

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The barend isn't supposed to slip inside the clip-on.

Didnt think so, but where the bolt is supposed to catch inside, it was moved farther back in the clip on..? Is something wrong with my clips on?

Doug

Are you missing any ingredients ?
What would they missing..?

OH yeah, im looking to order some new grips..i hear lots of good thing on the Renthal Medium Compound, yay or nay?

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright yeah, i see what "ingredients" you were speaking of moe, yeah i dont definately am missing stuff.

now its the matter of deciding whether..its cheaper to just buy someones used clip ons...or price this stuff with the stealership...

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One last thing moe, do you know of a site that has a complete diagram for the 05? I've gotta look for some misc screws for my tail inserts, i misplaced them

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Pre-flame..haha alright man. Its all good, if you dont mind, shoot me a link then. I obviously am not searching right. I kept gettin some dialog box saying about a 3 letter minimum or word, idk, it drove me nuts
I had the same issue so I added an "s" so it would search. usually works fine for those two-word searches.

GL

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
G

·
Didnt think so, but where the bolt is supposed to catch inside, it was moved farther back in the clip on..? Is something wrong with my clips on?

Doug
Nah. Just put screw in there with the same threads and pull it forward. It will take some force.

It's best to pull it out to the end of the bar, put the barend on and tighten it down, then hammer it in with a plank of wood until it fits in the right place.

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nah. Just put screw in there with the same threads and pull it forward. It will take some force.

It's best to pull it out to the end of the bar, put the barend on and tighten it down, then hammer it in with a plank of wood until it fits in the right place.

Alright thanks Doug

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.