Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find some ways to make my bike more comfortable for me. Im small as most of you know, and 30 min trips kills my shoulders cause I have to lean forward past my center of balance to reach...So all my weight is on my shoulders. If I sit up straighter and use my legs to hold me up I can only reach the throttle side of the bars. Would a set of clip ons have enough adjustment to move the grips up and back some?

D

·
0 Posts
Put your weight on your legs. If you have to lean forward and any bits of your hands or arms are hurting, your body positioning is wrong or your just supporting yourself with your hands.

Aftermarket clip-ons are usually lower then OE.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To support myself with my legs I have to squeeze really tight cause im leaned so far forward. I can only squeeze like that for a few minutes lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...Tell me what you think. To be as close to no weight on my hands as I can get, I have to be slid up right on the tank and squeezing my legs. My arms are short so if I slide back any I have to either squeeze my legs harder or let the wieght go to my hands. I can sit upright and rest on my legs without squeezing but then I can only reach the throttle side bar. Jared just told me about converiBARS. http://www.convertibars.com/new/ProductsBike.cfm?Action=Add&ProductID=&rebuildStruct=1&CategoryID=-1&BikeYear=2009&MakeID=72&ModelID=314&btnSubmit=+Next+Step!+

Thoughts on these?

D

·
0 Posts
Wait, we're not supposed to sit up right against the tank?

How tall are you, 4'5"?

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
have you adjusted the levers also to better help your arms, as 99% or riders forget to adjust them to suit "YOU" as you think the factory knows how to have them set for your style...lol
End of the day its a sportsbike not a tourer, we are meant to have the sportsbike hunch, Converti bars i have heard good reviews on them but due tou our fairings, brake MC you dont really get too much out of them, they are more suited to tourer bikes with more room on the upper front cowling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts