Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

so while riding today i decided i would set my clock... so i set it and then i turned the bike off since i was drinking some water. i turned my bike back on a few minutes later and the clock had reset, along with the trip odometers.. tried to set it again, and it reset itself again as soon as i turned the key to off..

after doing a search here on the forum i've come across three options.
the pin connector for the gauge cluster is loose
blow fuse which is causing the power to be cut to the cluster once the key is turned off(where would the fuse for this be?)
bad ground somewhere (if i had a bad ground, wouldn't i have other electrical problems too? nothing else is functioning abnormally..)

for reference, i have a power commander, a one year old battery that was fully charged before the season, i've got an sequential tail light from motodynamics which has a relay that came with it. i've got hotbodies flush mounts with resistors wired into the wires. all of this has been on the bike since last fall, and last fall i believe that the clock was still working.

only thing that really seems to make sense to me is either the gauge cluster plug came loose (but i doubt that since the rest of the cluster works fine)... or i somehow blow the fuse for the clock and trip odometer when i reinstalled the battery a month ago, and i've just noticed the issue today lol..

any ideas from anyone? where is the clock fuse located?

thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
IT'S YOUR FUSE. same thing happened on my 03. not sure if the fuse box is in the same location but mine is on the left side of the bike more to the upper right corner behind the mid faring. if they are the same, take off your left side mid faring and you should see a little black box, pull it out and open it up. it will list all of the fuses for each function you need right on it. you should have some extra fuses in there just in case. either way purchase some more in case the fuse blows again. find the area where it says clock, and plug in the new fuse!

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
More than likely a blown fuse... location as above.

Sometimes they just go for no reason...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Bumpity Bump... Had the same problem. Checked here before checking the fuses because I JUST put my fairings on yesterday. Anyway, thanks guys and Thank you Search feature. Simple proof that it works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry I'm not very mechanically knowledgeable. Are there different kind of fuse? If there are, what kind of fuse should i get for this problem? My clock reset every time as well.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Take the fuse out and take it down to any place that sells car parts and they will give you one that is identical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts