Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cbr600rr 2011.

My clock resets to 1am and tacho doesn't reset to 0 when I turn off the ignition. My immediate thought was that the clocks aren't getting power with the ignition off.

Fuses all checked out fine, so I attached a multimeter to the green/white wire and the ground wire on the plug in the back of the instrument cluster. It's showing around 9.4v. So the clocks are getting power!

The battery is strong, but to make sure I attached a 2nd spare battery using jump leads and the issue remains!

Anyone have any ideas? Or is it time for a new cluster?

Cheers

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,787 Posts
the power wire for the dash is the white/green (not green/white which maybe you mistook it for).

make sure that has 12v on it at all times. 9.4 volts isn't an acceptable reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops! I'm pretty sure I meant White/Green. Only getting 9.4v so I'm guessing there is some sort of corrosion somewhere along the loom that needs cleaning/repairing. I wasn't sure what voltage it should be getting, as the Service Manual doesn't say. It just says 'check for voltage', which I have, so thanks for the tip.

I'll check the loom over for corrosion at connector points this weekend. There's only one connector point I can think of where the white/green goes though, and that's at the right-hand shoulder just beneath the bars.

Know of any others to check? Anything else (besides weak battery) that might be causing the voltage drop?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts