Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phew, almost had to sell the bike to pay for my wedding in the fall.
After a few hours of discussion (some arguing), i was able to
convince the fiancee that it wasn't necessary. That was close!
Don't know what I'd do without my RR.

·
Registered
876 Posts
CBR619RR said:
good for you my man!!! you need to put ur foot down!!!
+1, if she cant take it dump her ass.. Dont let woman walk all over you or they will walk all over you for the rest of your life.. Man got to have hobbies, sports etc...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, good point.
If there is anymore discussion, i will have to start a new post:
'Decided i have to sell her'...and i won't be talking about my bike!
Haha.

V

·
0 Posts
Why do women think like that?? Dont they realize that the bike will give you a lot more joy over a long period of time than a wedding night will? lol

Hmmmm??? One night.... or many days of riding bliss?? Nice going man.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wedding or bike...Wedding or bike...Wedding or bike? Hmmmm....this seems like a no-brainer to me. Before I got married, the wife put a stop to my whole bike thing. However, after a year of moping about, and much convincing from my neighbor (thanks cbrron), I finally got a new one.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Are you sure she's a keeper? Haha, just kidding.

Let me ask you one quick question: Has she ever ridden on the back with you?

I would lean to the answer to that question being "no". One of my Starbucks friends just went on a ride with her husband for the first time in her life. He's had the bike for a long time and they've been married for like 2 years. Now he can't get her off the thing!

Take her for a ride, maybe you won't have to do so much convincing, because you know this isn't over - she'll bring it up again at a later date.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
WHAT DO YOU TELL A GIRL WITH TWO BLACK EYES THAT TRIES TO GET YOU TO SELL YOUR BIKE?????

NOTHING...YOU DONE TOLD HER TWICE ALREADY....

HE HE.... :bitchslap:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point Schwing, guaranteed it gets brought up again.
I've had her on the back a couple of times. She liked it
but she's a little nervous back there. I'm sure as she gets
more comfortable, she'll enjoy it more. She even convinced
me to buy gear for her so she could come riding with me and
after i spent all that $$$, she says that the money could be better
used for the wedding. Well, the debate with her is done for now
but i just have to keep a bunch of arguments in my back pocket and
be prepared to hear it again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My girls father sold his bike to pay for the wedding ring for the wify, she didnt want him riding. When I heard the story I let my girl know right away that me and my bike are a package deal, take us or leave us =D

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Is she getting her nails/hair/makeup done for the wedding? That crap is expensive, and why does she need to look like someone she's not? You're marrying her, aren't you? I guess that means you love her the way she is, not with fake nails, hairsprayed hair and hollywood makeup. I think that money would be better used on a bike!

Assuming of course, that she is getting that stuff done for the wedding. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dude, women dream about their wedding since they were ******* five. It's the "little princess" syndrome so prevalent in American women.

Face it, your nothing but filling a slot for her - some guy to let her be the center of attention - the princess for a day.

A bike just wants to be ridden - now that's a lady a man should put his bets on.

Here's a couple of links that may come in handy for you.

http://nomarriage.com/
http://divorce.com/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the links.
I'd like to think that i'm more that just a 'filler' for the fairy tale day
though.
As for the hair and nails, guaranteed that stuff is getting done.
I've already done all the math and factored everything in and
by the time this thing is done, the day will cost more than twice
the value of my bike...FOR ONE DAY!
All i have to say, is the honeymoon better be good!

·
Registered
45 Posts
LOL, yeah I'm sure your more than that too - just the hard cynic in me speaking out. Glad you get to keep both ladies.

:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Schwing said:
Is she getting her nails/hair/makeup done for the wedding? That crap is expensive, and why does she need to look like someone she's not? You're marrying her, aren't you? I guess that means you love her the way she is, not with fake nails, hairsprayed hair and hollywood makeup. I think that money would be better used on a bike!

Assuming of course, that she is getting that stuff done for the wedding. :mrgreen:
your right schwing, she doesn't need that wedding gown either, she's not cinderella. she can get married in the sweats, v-neck t-shirt, and those big animal slippers that she always wears around the house. then you'd really be marring the real her :pimp:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i've got one word my friend... elope. it's cheap, quick, and painless... :lol2:

does she have a lot of shoes? next time she brings up the topic of selling the bike because you guy don't have enough money for the wedding, just say okay, pick out two pairs of shoes you want to keep and we'll sell the rest. does she have weekly tanning appoinments? if so, those have to be sacrafised too. if she still doesn't understand and insists that you sell the bike... well, brother, it's time to move on...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts