Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a clunk comming from the the frount of my bike going over big bumps or braking hard. It seems to be when my suspention is compresing, I dont remember this happening on my sv650. Should i be tripping?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Yeah...somethings up if it's "clunking" like you say. Have you lowered the bike? Had the front wheel off lately? Put the bike on a front stand or strap it up by the triple clamps and inspect the front end. Check the torque on your calipers and front axle. Check your steering head bearings.

Are you bottoming the forks out? How much do you weigh?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had pilot powers put on a few months ago, had the shop do it for me. I set my suspention sag and mess with it alittle but im only 170. Should i set it back to stock? Or take it to the shop and have them look at it?
Never have lowered the bike.

bottoming the forks out, If it is this how could i tell and fix it?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I had this happen to me before. It was caused by my front calipers because I forgot to torque down the bolts :01_bitchs <--------ME

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
You need to use locktight or hondalock on the caliper bolts when you put them back
on. Check those, your front axle and head bearing for play.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Do you have a zip-tie on one of the front forks? If not put one on the fork right above the seal but no too tight. Ride the bike as normal and try to repeat the problem. Then go back and measure from the top of the seal to the bottom of the zip-tie. Any more than 4-11/16" (120mm) travel and your bottoming the forks out. But retorque everything on the front end before you ride it again. The dealers will leave your $h!t all jacked up. I wonder if my dealership even owns a torque wrench. I found my rear axle nut at 60ft/lbs. Now I just take them my tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts