Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i normally never use my rear brake and today i decided to.

i was on it lightly and slowly put more pressure on it when all the sudden i herd a clunking sound from rear and a small shake, almost like when shifting but over and over. so i let off and it stopped.

i pulled over and checked it out and everything seamed normal.

i went out again and going slower i did the same thing a few times, it kept doing it.

the last time i did it i decided i would keeping putting more pressure on it. i was doing less then 15 i think and the rear seamed to slide a little to the right. it was real smooth and there was no more noise( i don't, think i was somewhat freaked out) there was no skidding sound.

i know my change has to much slack, way to much i think. i can push it up in to the guard or what ever it hits when pushed up all the way in the middle. i am going to get someone to adjust it because i really don't know how.

my theory is this, since i never used the rear brake i may have been on it hard for the rear. i think it may have been hopping causing the chain to hit in to something. when i stayed on it, it locked up making the chain stop bouncing and therefore stooping the sound.

what do you think of this? if this what happened, it is a nice indicator of when your rear is going. because if my rear was hopping i had no idea it could that easy.

any help would get great thank.

oh yeah its a 05 rr

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so could it be that because the chain is so loose that its slapping harder?

and is this when the rear is skipping and about to lock thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts