Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

For some reason after starting my bike, when I shift from Neutral to first I get one heck of a clunk. Also if I shift into Neutral at a light it feels like its about to grab and go into gear. Anyone else ever experienced this?

Bike only has 10,000 KM with a recent oil change.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hi Everyone,

For some reason after starting my bike, when I shift from Neutral to first I get one heck of a clunk. Also if I shift into Neutral at a light it feels like its about to grab and go into gear. Anyone else ever experienced this?

Bike only has 10,000 KM with a recent oil change.

Thanks,
for some reason it only happens on my bike when temperature is really high

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yup it's normal. All motorcycles do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thanks! I've never experienced it before on other bikes to this extent and never the slight grabbing feeling when in neutral.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The clunk is normal, but not the part about feeling like it's going to go into gear.
If he's going down from neutral something would be seriously wrong if it didn't feel like it is going into gear haha

You shouldn't feel any grabbing after the clunk. The clunk may cause the bike to jerk a bit because the gears are after the clutch. But if it still feels like its grabbing when you're just sitting there then something is wrong. The bike won't roll as easily in gear but it shouldn't be pulling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If he's going down from neutral something would be seriously wrong if it didn't feel like it is going into gear haha

You shouldn't feel any grabbing after the clunk. The clunk may cause the bike to jerk a bit because the gears are after the clutch. But if it still feels like its grabbing when you're just sitting there then something is wrong. The bike won't roll as easily in gear but it shouldn't be pulling.
Sorry no, the grabbing feeling is when I'm in neutral. But only after driving it. For instance I go for a ride, come up to a long light and put the bike into neutral. Sitting there in neutral is when it feels like its about to grab.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts