Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, just sold my bike and everything was perfect. A few minutes ago I got a call from the buyer that the gauge stays on even when he pulls the key out, keeps displaying fuel level, temperature, speed stuck on 1... I told him to try disconnect the battery. Never happened on me :( It's an 06 600rr. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
807 Posts
That happened to me once. My speedo was stuck at 30mph and the tach at like 5k RPM. Even when I turned the key off it stayed on. I disconnected the battery and the cluster when off. Hooked it back up and it worked perfectly. That was a long time ago and hasnt done it since.

I never bothered to diagnose it since it hasnt happened again.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would look at the ignition or the wiring going to the cluster as the problem. Maybe cycle the ignition a couple of time to see if it resets, might be stuck. Next remove the plug from the back of the cluster and put it back in, maybe a pin is off an 12v constant is powering up the cluster.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
That happened to me once. My speedo was stuck at 30mph and the tach at like 5k RPM. Even when I turned the key off it stayed on. I disconnected the battery and the cluster when off. Hooked it back up and it worked perfectly. That was a long time ago and hasnt done it since.

I never bothered to diagnose it since it hasnt happened again.
^ this :+1:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, and the speed is stuck at 1 even when he turns it on and rides. It froze like Windows lol

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Remove the plug on the cluster and plug it back in, it's like restarting your computer. T

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
As T said, he may have stuffed it up when he put the plug in the back of the gauges...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts