Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch cable snapped, at the end of the lever. I know I need to buy a new cable, but are they an easy install yourself? Cause I can't get the bike to the shop. I dont want to clutchless shift it for fears of messing up the transmission. I think imma try to install the new cable myself next friday when I get payed, cause im a broke ass and im lame. and it would be a new experience with the bike. so is it difficult?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not hard man. Loosen locknut turn adjuster all the way in or take lever off to unhook ball at the end of cable at Make note of how it is routed. Set freeplay and your done

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not hard man. Loosen locknut turn adjuster all the way in or take lever off to unhook ball at the end of cable at Make note of how it is routed. Set freeplay and your done

awesome. I saw the how to thread, since im new it was hard to follow. Probably similar to connecting a brakeline on a BMX im sure

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, it's extremely simple. I had to keep undoing and doing mine because kept forgetting little things when putting the clutch cover back on after powder coating :retard:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it's extremely simple. I had to keep undoing and doing mine because kept forgetting little things when putting the clutch cover back on after powder coating :retard:

Lol sounds pretty tedious !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts