Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I change my oil after recently purchasing my 03 and the clutch still has an occasional slight slip on very high revs!
Never done a clutch before,but looks like I’m going to have to soon. I’m not too bad on the spanners,but I’m no mechanic,is it a straight forward job or difficult and will I need to purchase a repair manual to do the job guys
Thanks

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
Watch out for the washers as you pull out the clutch cover.. one of them can fall very easily..

I found that having the bike on side stand (instead of paddock stand) gives a better angle so that the washers don't fall out when you pull the clutch cover off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I’ll keep an eye out on them.
I’ll replace the friction plates and steel plates and springs,is there a gasket on the 03 or is it a “liquid” gasket

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s only done 23k Miles,but the previous owner did carry his wife as pillion. He never mentioned the clutch slipping so I’m just hoping there’s nothing else “hiding”

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's a pretty straight forward job.

The Honda service manual is pretty easy to find in PDF form. I would use that as a resource. If you can't find it shoot me a PM

·
Registered
966 Posts
It’s only done 23k Miles,but the previous owner did carry his wife as pillion.
My f4i has over 83,000 with at a very minimum 20,000 done 2up while riding very aggressive, still the original clutch. The previous owner didn't know how to ride. Pull your clutch and inspect before ordering a new one, make sure you need it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your probably right,he couldn’t ride correctly or the only other issue would be that he’s been using fully synthetic oil after reading these clutches prefer semi.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Your probably right,he couldn’t ride correctly or the only other issue would be that he’s been using fully synthetic oil after reading these clutches prefer semi.
The only oil “these clutches prefer” is a motorcycle spec oil; doesn’t matter if it’s dino, synth or blended it will work just fine.

Don’t perpetuate incorrect info.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've run various full synthetic oils for the last 50,000 miles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts