Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Impreza The Impressive
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my cover back on today and i started it up in neutral fine. When i clutch in, put it in first gear, it sound like a big thud and the bike died as if it stalled. What did i do wrong? i think that part #4 (pic 1) is not hooked up right. The way i did was just slide it down the hole where it's suppose to go and it feels fine when i clutch and everything. i might be wrong or part #4,5, & 6 (pic 2) is not in correctly. The way i put it in was part #4 facing the other way with part#5 in first then part 4 follows. Don't know if that's the right way. I need help. Thanks

Pic 1

Pic 2

·
Registered
937 Posts
Is the Kickstand down?

·
Impreza The Impressive
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, I haven't started or rode my bike in soo long that i have forgotten about the kickstand having to be up to put it in gear. I feel so dumb. Thanks a lot cosp600rr. It had me worrying sooo much. Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
hehe, your like me i worry too much, you went and got those diagrams and all you needed was to put the stand up. TOO funny

·
Registered
937 Posts
Your very welcome. I'm glad thats all it was.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
hahahaha.......pretty funny mang.
glad you figured it out. i had that happen to me when i first bought my rear stand. prop'd it up and started the motor then dropped in 1st gear, bam.....bike died. i realized that the stand was down.
it happens to the best of us mang!!!

·
Impreza The Impressive
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SLAPS808 said:
hahahaha.......pretty funny mang.
glad you figured it out. i had that happen to me when i first bought my rear stand. prop'd it up and started the motor then dropped in 1st gear, bam.....bike died. i realized that the stand was down.
it happens to the best of us mang!!!
atleast you knew it was your kick stand, I had NO IDEA!!! i got diagrams, pictures and everything. i was so damn scared, but man after starting her up and putting in first without stalling (kickstand up) it felt sooooooooo goood =)

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
ImprezaWrx9 said:
atleast you knew it was your kick stand, I had NO IDEA!!! i got diagrams, pictures and everything. i was so damn scared, but man after starting her up and putting in first without stalling (kickstand up) it felt sooooooooo goood =)
hahaha for sure mang......you have every right to be scared. its your baby and you pulled those damn covers off. thats what this site is for hahaha lol.
thanx for the laugh too btw!! =P

werd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts