Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about my clutch. I have an 04 RR that I just installed a Leo Vince slip on. Today when I was riding I noticed that when accelerating hard in 1st gear the RPM's seen to really jump at about 6500 to 7000 grand. And when I say jump, I don't mean going up to redline, it just seems to accelerate faster. Maybe since I don't have a power commander, the slip just changed the way it accelerates? I thought maybe the clutch was slipping but I don't really think that is the case. I did have a little too much freeplay in the clutch, so I adjusted it. I read on here awhile back that you should adjust the freeplay to the point that you can slip a nickel in between the clutch lever and the perch and that should give you the right amount of freeplay. Does that sound right? Let me know what you guys think. Sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
810 Posts
this brings a couple of questions..

1. How many miles has the bike done?
2. When the REV's 'Jumped' did your speed increase?
3, Does this happen in any other gear?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this brings a couple of questions..

1. How many miles has the bike done?
2. When the REV's 'Jumped' did your speed increase?
3, Does this happen in any other gear?
The bike has 9700 miles. The speed was still increasing, and I don't notice it in any other gear. I am wondering if it has always accelerated like that and I just didn't notice until I installed the slip on. You know the Leo Vince is so much louder than the stock muffler. Maybe I am just paranoid.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Paranoid - if you openned up the exhaust a bit from stock ya it's gonna pick it up a little faster just after the secondaries come online hehe - hold on for dear life and enjoy the ride :cool:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts