Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Bear with me on this one while I explain it.
Here's how it started;
A few days ago I took the levers off and and was going to get them powder coated, I ended up not doing it and so I put the levers back on.

Here's the problem: I know the grooves are supposed to face down on the adjusters, so in one position they are too tight, but if I loosen them up a full rotation so that they face down still, it's too loose.

I put the rear tire up on a stand and I've noticed that in both positions, with the clutch fully engaged, the rear tire won't move. However if I let out just a bit it starts to move and won't stop even after I pull the clutch back in. It will keep spinning unless I apply the rear brake. This happens much easier and to a bigger degree if I have it on the looser end of the two position options for the adjuster nut.

Is this normal and is it better to have the clutch in a tighter or looser position?Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. I'm completely new tinkering with bikes and feel really stupid.

BTW I have a '13 RR

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh. I thought it was supposed to. Wow I feel dumb. Alrighty then...I'll just move along haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts