Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike got backed into and knocked over yesterday. It fell on the left side breaking the kickstand (sensor is still good) and bending the clutch lever. I rode it home to put it on the stands and it wasn't pulling or shaking so it seems the suspension and frame are okay.

The real issue, I started the bike on the stand and put it in first gear holding the clutch lever and the wheel will run at 6-7mph instead of just rotating a little then stopping. The wheel will run until you physically stop it with the brakes after that it will remain stationary until the clutch is released. It will also do this in other gears. When the bike is off you can spin the wheel easily in neutral like normal but if it is in gear it is noticeably harder to turn the wheel while the clutch is held. I will be taking it to the shop to have it looked at, but does anyone have any ideas of what could be the problem?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Edit: when I say clutch side, I mean on handle bars ... makes this post a lot less confusing

If it went down on the kickstand side, it could've bent the clip-on a little bit and tightened the adjuster clutch side. I would check for appropriate slack (If you haven't already). I don't think there is anything other than the lever/cable/clip-on that can affect the clutch operation as it goes to the RHS of the bike.

Also FYI replacing the clutch side clip-on and attachments is a lot easier than messing with the throttle side.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
You are inventing issues in your head. There's nothing wrong.

With cold oil you'll get a lot more clutch drag.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I think at most your bent clutch lever is causing for you to not be able to fully engage/disengage the clutch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. The bike was at operating temps so the oil wasn't really cold. I'm hoping I am just worrying too much and it's just the clutch lever/adjustment.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
It's normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts