Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
oem is your best bet.

for a slipper clutch buy two of the "special" plates (the one that usually goes in last) and one less of the standard friction plates

put a special in first, then a steel, then the judder assembly, then steel, then do the rest as normal until the last special plate.

you can't run the judder assembly as the first plate in the stack, but you shouldn't run a standard friction in that place. the special ones are designed to interface with aluminum.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at this how to thread, is the "#7 beefier steel plate" the special plate?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
no the special plate is a friction. it's the one that goes in last and sits against the pressure plate. it has a different part # than the other frictions.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant to type friction plate. So the order should look like this then:

• 7. "Disk, Clutch Friction" - Beefier clutch friction plate (Honda P/N 22201-MAE-000)
  • 10. "Plate, Clutch" - Steel plate (Honda P/N 222321-MAS-000)
  • 9. "Disk B, Clutch Friction" - Large diameter centre (Honda P/N 22202-MAE-000)
  • 6. "Seat, Judder Spring" - Judder spring seat (Honda P/N 22125-ML7-000)
  • 13. "Spring, Judder" - Judder spring (Honda P/N 22402-MAS-E00)
  • 8. "Disc, Clutch Friction" - Normal friction plate (Honda P/N 22201-MAS-E00)
  • 7. "Disk, Clutch Friction" - Beefier clutch friction plate (Honda P/N 22201-MAE-000)

·
Registered
38 Posts
@afkrejci90 did you get the clutch installed? I'm looking at getting one. Been offered a second hand STM or other option is to but a new Sigma. Can't decide what's best. Brand/design wise any thoughts on which is best?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,892 Posts
I've used the sigma (yoyodyne) with great success in two rc51s, a 600rr, and an rc8r.

IMO they're better designed than STM

·
Registered
118 Posts
When i bought my second hand Yoyodyne "Corsa" slipper for my track bike it didn't come with any instructions etc.

I had a couple of conversations with Fred and his support was brilliant. For that reason alone i would recommend his products, the build quality is outstanding too and it works flawlessly when set up properly.

Below is a conversation when i was double checking my stack height/set up
Hi Fred,
Just a couple of questions mate…..

Should i use the judder spring on the corsa clutch pack?
It's up to you, just don't put it in as the first plate.
Is there a basic stack height i need to achieve? i’m assuming i can use the Suzuki and honda steels as an assortment to shim it to the correct height?
We look for a 1mm pre-load. Use the Honda or Suzuki steels to get there.
Once the pack is in i take a measurement through the hole on the pressure plate and compare that the the earlier measurement against the hub with no plates and ideally it should be that plus 1.0mm?
Correct - A little taller is OK.
My friction plates look and feel like new, i have no problem reusing them but do you know the minimum thickness before they should be replaced?
Once the clearance wears down to 0.4mm, put in new frictions. You might be able to get a little more life by shimming it up, but only once.
I’m assuming i start at the back with friction, then alternate, with the judder (if i use it) after the first steel? the last friction plate behind the pressure plate is different to stock too, and they all go in the same slot on the basket!
Correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts